3. Superman

"Hey Ivy, can you tell me where are you now, so that I can tell your friend Rossi," Linden made his voice very clear so that she could answer him.

"Washroom," She giggled out slurred if not drunken word.

"And where does this washroom is?" Linden asked her politely.

"Birdland Inn," Ivy sniggered again as if she was telling him something funny, "can you please even tell her to bring me some hamburger"

"Sure, I will let her know your order, madam," Linden laughed, not at her, but at her innocence if not then on her drunkenness. Almost immediately he heard what sounded like a soft childish giggle.

Linden's voice was laced with humor as he said, "Well now all you need to give me Rossi's number,"

Ivy began to recite a set of numbers as Linden intently listened, jotting down the number but as he ran on he understood it was his phone number so he stopped abruptly.

"No. Ivy, wait. Wait." He called out softly. "This is my number, not Rossi's"

"No, it is not possible," Ivy, cried, "I thought I knew her phone number," She sounded very disappointed by this fact and Linden became afraid as he felt she sounded like she was going to cry.

"Hey Ivy don't cry please, Rossi is a good friend, right? Listen, check your contact list she must be there," Linden suggested.

"She is my best friend." she said out loud, Linden couldn't believe how amazing she was that she changes her emotions so quickly. Only it ends up with Ivy's signature silent.

"Um, no," Ivy frowned and shook her head. Linden didn't have to see Ivy's face to know she was pouting. But he made his mind to remember next time, how it is bad to deal with drunken people and to think twice before accepting an unknown call.

"What do you mean 'no', Ivy? Is she not in your contacts?" Linden nearly shouted in shock.

"I deleted my contact list by mistake," Linden loved the way her voice was all soft when she told it, like she was afraid of he will scold her. Linden didn't know if he should laugh or cry, if was definitely the return karma, for the prank he played on others.

He was really very tired and all he wanted to at that moment was to disconnect the call and go back to sleep peacefully. But he couldn't make his mind to do that, he groaned inwardly and closed his eyes, letting let himself take time. It was Christmas Eve, a lot of people might be out enjoying and all but still it was not safe to leave a drunken girl alone at night.

"You are at Birdland Inn, right?"

"Yesses" She dragged the word very long and giggled like she did something funny.

"You stay right there, I am coming to get you," Linden said as stepping into his vans without socks and threw his jacket on. He quickly gathered his keys and wallet. And he took a quick look in the mirror in front of him as if to verify if he looks okay. There was no reason that he needed to look good, that drunken girl may not even give him a notice but still it is always better to look presentable.

Linden opened the map application of his phone and search for the quickest route to 'Birdland Inn'. He truly did feel as though he was Superman, going out in the middle of the night in freezing temperatures, what a struggle to save the poor and drunken girl's day.

"Hey, Linden" she said softly, wincing at the pleading in her tone. There was silence all this time on the phone so Linden thought he'd been disconnected but it is Ivy signature being hushed.

"Yes Ivy" He had to bite his lip to stop his laughter from bursting out because he was sure she was coming up with some madness and he knew he liked that about her.

"Can you please ------"

"Bring you real food?" He completed her sentences.

"Thank you," She giggled and she shouted out like a child "You are the best," soon a huge smile plastered all over his face.

"See you soon," Linden said before hanging up the phone.

He walked down the stairs and sneak out of his very cautiously, trying not to make any noise. He shook his at his stupidity as he started the car and pulled out of the parking space quickly because, for God's sake, she was at the nightclub and there must be hundreds of people out there to help her, and here he was trying to be heroic. Soon enough, his was on his way to the drunken girl, who called him accidently.

Anyone, who is actully taking out time and reading When You Call, I am really thankful

Anyone, who is actully taking out time and reading When You Call, I am really thankful. You people are my saviours and so you all deserve a lot of hugs and kisses! 

I am trying my best to make this book interesting, if any of you have any suggestion just go ahead with it, I would love some of it. Leave some comment and please suggest my book if you like it , it needs reader. 

thank you much again, I will stop here unit the next chapters

Take care

Eloise