18. Into my arms

Ivy ran inside her apartment, tears with staining her face. Her hands were trembling so violently that, as she tried to unlock the door she dropped the keys twice. She unlocked the door and ran into her room slamming the door behind her.

Ivy stood for a long time wondering why her apartment suddenly felt so empty and cold soon she crumbled to the floor, sobbing and helpless in her distress. It would have been better for her if she had been drunk when Linden and she parted to go their ways now that Linden thought that he would let her go like this without even a goodbye, now that they would never meet again.

She questioned, can Linden and she be strangers again because she couldn't remain as just a friend with him, as she knew how it feels to be with him and his family. She was in love with him but he didn't felt the same, she was sure. Was it even possible that he could be in love with her; they even didn't share a kiss? No, then he wouldn't let her go.

Two nights ago, she went to the bar with the hope that some alcohol would help her to recover the heartbreak but she actually returned from there by giving away a part of her heart to somebody.

Wiping away her tears with the back of her hands, she walked toward where she had left her purse. She took out her phone and scrolled down to Linden's number.

Linden kept driving at a high speed; he was already about halfway to his house. Linden phone suddenly beeped and he looked down at it. He had a text message from "unknown".

He was in no mood to read a message from unknown number --- they were usually telemarketers or other offers.

After five seconds, moment crystallized on him as if someone hit him in the face tight. It was scary and exciting all at the same time. Linden slammed on the brakes, causing the tires to bark in protest, and the car jerked to the right, toward the crash barrier.

It was his luck, that there wasn't much damage done to the car, apart from dented bumpers.

His fingers trembled when he clicked on the inbox.

Hey Linden,

This message may sound somewhat needy or rather desperate, I think I should not do it but I can't help. You will find me very clingy by the end of this message but honestly just never wanted to lose you, and now that I have. It is only a few minutes that dropped me, left me even without saying goodbye. It didn't quite sink in at that moment, but I knew my life had been torn apart.

The simple fact is I love you; I honestly have done since we met though I was drunk and just came out of break up. The memories we have in the too short time we had together are forever held in my heart, you taking me home, all the laugh and breaking of my cookie jar, meeting and celebrating Christmas with you family, watching TV together and your kisses on my forehead, it all felt like a dream, the best dream I could hope for. And it was actually real...

I hope I have treated you with love because I certainly love you with all my heart. This is not a perfect way to start a relationship, hell it started with a drunken call at midnight. But how can't one love you, you're beautiful inside and out, like someone had crafted the most amazing human. You eyes, beyond adorable, I could look into them all day and those five freckles on your left cheek and neck I can look at them all day, your hand fits in my perfectly and your laughter heartwarming. I can't quite believe we had to say goodbye so week and now you mean so much to me.

You know what; foolish I wanted you to stop me... I mean, I want you to notice me. I want you to voluntarily look for me and to reach out to me. But you didn't. Not yet. This isn't goodbye because I can't let go yet. I still have things to hold on to.