8. Stay Here for a While

Ivy just stayed on her bed for a while with her eyes pressed tightly shut. It was something around ten minutes that woke up from her slumber. She initially felt so comfortable, so comforted, that she didn't want to open her eyes. But soon she stilled as she sailed through the blurring images of previous, the light fading with each passing second in addition to the headache and probably a terrible hangover.

She remembered some of things from last night. She recalled that she had gone out to a club in the city with Rosalie. She knew she had drank too much alcohol and the unknown man, who held her slightly away from his body as they swirled around, and felt disgusted with the memory.

But soon Ivy cringed when she vaguely remembered. Crap. Who had she drunk dialed? Then Linden smiling face came into her thoughts and his brown eyes were so piercing she had the feeling he could read her mind and clam her down instantly. Ivy remembered his strong arms that held her with tenderness.

She felt a vague queasiness stir in her stomach. She didn't understand what to do, should she pray that her last night turn into a dream and never become a reality or it was just a dream that would never come true. Both have their own cons. In the first case the thought of actually not meeting Linden in real life terrified her and in the second she had already embarrassed herself enough that Linden would never want to meet her.

Ivy made sure it wasn't a dream, as she felt a slight pain in her finger when she ran her fingers through her hair. And the realization lit a fire inside her. She blinked twice and sat up hurriedly.

The sudden vibration of the phone on the bedside table startled Ivy. She whirled to face the noisy interruption, and then quickly took a breath to calm her jangled nerves before reaching to pick up the cell.

Just as predicted, there were ten missed calls and a text message from Rosalie. The message from Rosalie said, "I'm calling the police if I don't hear from you with ten minutes,"

"I am home, safe and sound," Ivy typed the text quickly and hit the reply button. Then she checked the stored lists of incoming calls and outgoing calls on her cell phone and all her call logs were all delete, there was only one call that showed up, and the length of the call was 38 minutes.

Ivy let a small smile escape from her lips, as now she knew that she has his phone number but her fingers shook as she anxiously dialed the phone, realizing she might wake him, she immediately disconnect the call. Ivy slammed her phone down on the bed but and then wondered if she should have left a thanking message but she decided in lieu of that though Ivy was already feeling guilty and disappointed with herself for not having said a proper thank you and goodbyes to Linden.

Ivy gathered her greasy hair and fastened it into a bun, she got to the edge of the bed, and she placed her feet on the cold hardwood floor and stood up. Ivy felt dizzy for a moment, but then the dizziness faded very soon. Her headache throbbed a bit, but it wasn't unbearable.

Ivy made her way downstairs to the kitchen and switched on the kettle to make herself a cup of coffee. Now she was even more surprised as well as ashamed to see the kitchen was neat and clean. There was not a trace of broken glass anywhere, which meant before leaving Linden cleaned up the broken glasses and washed the kitchen floor. She wanted to be invisible, to hide herself so nobody find could ever find her out.

Ivy took a light sip of the coffee from the mug, and recoiled as the bitter taste washed across her tongue. "This is starting to look like the worst Christmas ever," she groaned as splashed the dregs of her coffee into the sink.

"Well, I'm going to take a shower," Ivy huffed to herself as she looked down, she was still wearing her turtleneck swing dress she'd worn last night. She entered her room, and as she set her phone down on her bed, her eye fell on a yellow Post-it note on the table. She picked it up. It was written in black ink with a fountain pen in a beautiful flowing handwriting. "Take one aspirin if you have a headache." The note said. Her eye fell on the aspirin, along with a water bottle, that were kept on the bedside table.

Ivy wondered why she hadn't noticed when she woke up. She turned the post-it note over, to see if he written something the other side and "I hope you had a very special Christmas day" it showed the wish with a smiley at the end. Seeing the smiley symbol brought a little smile on her face. She was sure linden kept it here; she might have called him accidently but it was one the best thing she ever did. Not that bad staring for the Christmas day Ivy thought.

Ivy sprang up in the bed and reached for the phone. She brought his number up on the screen once again. She looked over at her phone clock and the time was 11:45 am. She stared back down at the phone for moment thinking, should she call him and pressed call option. 

Hey darlings, 

Hope you all doing very well. I really updated after long time because I was busy with some college project as well as I just turned 20, so I was being little excited and celebrating my days. 

Hope you enjoy this chapter, and don't forget to comment, your comments make my day better. actually any notification from wattpad, are my mood changer. 

so vote? comment? follow? 

Eloise