Chapter 5

Casper

Pain.

I'm used to it, I guess. The scars on my body are permanent, reminding me of each pain I've encountered. Even when I was little I've experienced pain, breaking bones and whatnot. Except my parents cared for me. They would bring me to the hospital. They would never just stand there and watch.

And that's exactly what Devin is doing.

This is a new punishment. I'm standing, my shirt off and arms hanging above my head, my hands tied to a chain that's connected to the ceiling. I'm standing on some sort of stool, but I clench my jaw as Devin reaches for it and takes it away, leaving me dangling a foot from the floor. The chains immediately dig into my flesh, all the way down to the bone, it feels. I kick my feet, but there's no way I'll reach the floor. I keep my glare fixed on Devin.

This won't break me.

"Nine. You were so close." He says, and I can't help but get mad at myself. I would've had ten, easily. If I had just killed the girl, Callie? No, it was Kellie. It would have been so easy.

I wouldn't be dealing with this torture if I had killed her.

She doesn't know either. She doesn't know that I knew not killing her would mean torture for me. She had no clue.

She has no clue I'm chained up and dangling by my wrists, just for her.

"I'm disappointed, really. But, not meeting a quota is something new for you, so a memorable punishment is allowed."

I grit my teeth as I watch him pull out the whip. Oh, the whip, an old friend of mine. I swear he's used the same one since I came here. I swear five years ago that same whip hit my flesh.

"Since there's no more room on your back for new scars, we'll have to try the front-"

I prepare for the whip, but there's nothing that you can prepare for this. An excruciating pain rips through my stomach, and I scream out in agony. Devin stops and watches as I struggle, the stinging and aching is just enough to make me cry. Devin walks up to me and rests his hand on my stomach.

"I doubted you, you are strong. Muscles, a six pack-well, now a six pack with a welt right over it." He says.

And I do something that I've never done before. I fight back.

"Fuck you-" I say quietly, but Devin hears it loud and clear. Another whip slaps me in the chest, and I'm at a lost of breath for a few seconds. Then another one hits my stomach again. I've never talked back to Devin, at least, never cursed back at him. I've came to a point where I don't care. Hell, he might even kill me during this punishment, who knows.

All for that girl.

After a few more hits, Devin drops the whip and walks up to me. He starts to punch now. I cough as he hits me right in the stomach, so hard I gag and spit out blood. He kicks and punches all over. He's punched my face so many times I can feel blood dripping down my nose and lip, my vision is getting blurry.

Devin stops to observe me. I feel blood running down all over, my body aching and vision not quite right. Devin is watching me, to see how how I'm taking it. If I'm still acting like I'm fine, he'll continue, so I try to act as hurt as possible.

It's not hard, though. I am hurt, badly.

"Sargent Rick seemed like a nice man," Devin grips my chin and forces me to look him in the eyes. "I don't think he does these types of punishments. Hell, he would have probably worshipped you. You and your green eyes. I'm sure he would've made sure you never were touched, that you were above everyone else. He could have made big money out of you."