Chapter 7

Kellie

I didn't think he would actually come back.

He said my name so carelessly, so smoothly, like he's known me for years. That's what caught me off guard. As I walked down the stairs, I couldn't help but think he's still going to kill me.

"I'm here to escape." He said, and my heart skipped a beat. I didn't think he would come back, especially back here. I'm surprised he did it, let alone consider it.

"Really?" I ask, not believing it. He's shoots me a small smile. "No, I'm just here to hang out. Got a movie or something?"

I want to laugh, but I'm too mesmerized by looking at him to do anything. To be honest, he's one of the most handsome, good looking guys I've seen in my entire life. Boys like him would never even think about talking to me, or even notice my presence. So the fact that himself, his whole being, is focused on me, makes me feel dizzy. He's pretty tall, not too tall, but he's got me beat. He's super lean, too. He has absolutely no fat on him, it seems, which makes me a little jealous. He's muscular; his shoulders are broad, and he evens stands strong. Besides his tall and lean look, he's beautiful. His hair is dark and thick; it's all over the place, but in a fashionable way. His jawline is sharp, and I feel like if I touched it I would bleed. There's bruises on his face though, and fresh scars on his arms. I'm going to ask him what happened, but one gaze into his eyes and I loose my train of thought.

Those eyes.

It's been years since I've seen green eyes. I don't know if it's just been a long time, but his eyes are so stunning; oddly bright, I don't think I've seen any green eyes like his. They almost glow, they're so beautiful.

Stop it Kellie.

This boy kills. Or at least, I'm pretty sure. He didn't exactly say he was a part of the brown eyed bastards, which is what my dad called them, but he has to be.

I should fear him.

He can sense my uneasiness. He takes a step back so he's against the door, waiting for my next move. I don't know what I was thinking. Why the hell did I invite him to leave? Especially to someone who was going to kill me? It was mainly because I want to leave. I want to find the city, where I can be safe forever. Maybe he could help protect me on the way. Yes, I'm capable with taking care of myself, but an experienced killer may be a plus if I run into conflict.

"I want to reach a city." Is all I say to him.

He nods, like he knew this is exactly what I was going to say. "I know where one is."

I can't contain my excitement. "You do? How? Where?"

"Quite a ways from here. I brought my sister to one years ago. I can get you there."

"And why would you do that for me?" I ask, "you don't even know me."

"I guess it's just an excuse to escape," he says, and I admire his honesty. He probably doesn't want to help me, but he wants to run away.

"We need to make a truths," I say, and he looks at me strangely. "What do you mean?"

"We have to promise each other that there will be no killing of each other." I say, and I mean it.

But he laughs.

He's gone psycho, I think, but he stops and smiles at me, like I'm the crazy one. He walks past me and looks out the window, as if he's searching for something.