Chapter One: The Nightmare

"Zanna!"

I walk across the sand in bare feet. I see a blue moon, and several figures, all in black cloaks. They all turn round. Their eyes are blue like the sea and they glare at me.

"Get her!" shouts one. Her voice is echoey. They run after me. I hear a crying baby.

"Don't let the girl see her!"

Who's the baby?

Two of them stay to look after the baby while the four others run after me. I trip over rocks and slice my foot open. Ow! I carry on, and I try to ignore the pain. I walk instead.

"Zanna!"

There it is again! Where's it coming from?

"Zanna!"

The wind howls and I see a blue moon.

"Zanna Winter Blue! No daydreaming!"

I blink. I see Mrs Smith glaring at me. She sighs. I sit up and rub my eyes. That dream again. It always ends the same. I wonder why it keeps happening. I've told my mum about it.

                  *****

"Zanna, the dream you had in class was so cool!" said my best friend Ruby.

"Really? I have it all the time. It's weird."

"Have you told your mum about it?" asked Ruby.

"Yes. She just said, "It was a silly nightmare and you won't have it in a few weeks." " I replied.

"How many times do you have it every week?" Ruby enquired.

"I have it every night. I don't know why." I said.

"What happens in it?" Ruby asked.

"There's a beach, and blue moon and seven figures all dressed in black cloaks. Then they run after me and a baby cries. Then I hear a woman sating my name - it sounds echoey. It ends when I slice my foot open. And when I notice my blood is blue, I try to look but I always wake up."

"I'd better go. Amelia's coming over for a sleepover." said Ruby, putting her completed homework in her locker. She closed it and waved bye to me as she walked out of school, her brown hair flying out behind her. Mine is pale blonde, long and wavy. It's usually tied in plaits. I have blue ribbons tying them at the bottom.

I ran out of school. I remembered the dream. Blue blood. What does that mean?

As soon as I got home, I fell asleep. Mum wouldn't be back for three hours. I had a new dream. I had the other dream since I was a child. My new dream involved me as one of the cloaked people. The baby was me.

How could the baby be me? I was viewing the cloaked figures and the baby.

I hope you've enjoyed this story so far! It will have twelve chapters. Don't forget to follow me - I'll follow you back - and vote for this and my other stories.

💟AnimeLover689💟