Chapter Two: The Figure

I yawned as the sun filled the sky and blinded me. I rubbed my eyes and looked out the window. For a minute, I thought I saw one of the cloaked figures in the car park in front of my house.

It can't be possible, I thought.

It's just a dream. Just a dream.

Then the figure looked up. And for the first time I saw their face. It was a woman, with violet-pink eyes. She was covering her mouth and she kept looking at me. It made me feel very uncomfortable.

It must have been a dream. I froze. She was running towards the house. I screamed. Then I opened my eyes and saw my lightbulb hanging above my head. It was a dream. Definitely a dream.

I shuddered.

"That was scary." I said.

                   *****
I sighed as I got in bed. I was really tired. I yawned and soon fell asleep.

I had another dream.

The cloaked woman looked at me and her eyes glowed violet. She dived towards me and broke the window. I trembled as she looked at me.

"Zanna. We need you." she said. I looked at her.

"Who's "we"?"

She didn't reply.

"Who's "we"?" I repeated. She dived towards me and I trembled in fear, legs shaking. I went pale.

Then she just said my name and faded away.

I awoke trembling. What the heck did these dreams mean? A cloaked group of figures, a crying baby and the woman.

These dreams didn't make sense. They never did.

"Zanna! Are you up yet?" Mum asked. I expected myself to be dressed but when I looked down I was wearing my pyjamas from the night before. I was aware of my dreams.

"Mum, what's the thingy where you know you're dreaming?"

"Lucid dreaming? I used to have lucid dreams when I was younger. I still do. Are you writing a story?"

"No. I've been having weird dreams lately. I've been aware in the dream that I was dreaming, but I couldn't control it."

In a few seconds she'll say her usual words.

3, 2, 1.....

"It was a silly nightmare and you won't have it in a few weeks." she said.

See. Told you.

"I had the same dreams every night. Now I have a new one. One of the figures is in the house and-"

"Figures?"

"From my dream. They were in a group of seven. And there was a baby too. One said, "Get her!" and most of them ran after me," I explained.

"The new one involved one of the figures saying, "Zanna. We need you." Then she said my name name and faded away.  I awoke soon after." 

"Strange dreams." Mum muttered. 

"I'm going to the shop. See you in a bit. Answer the door if you hear my voice."

"What if someone recorded your voice and played it, and then-"

"That wouldn't happen, Zanna. I promise you."

                      *****

I looked out of the window and saw a blue moon. It shone and continued to gradually getting brighter and brighter. The last thing I saw that night was the moon.

I hope you've enjoyed this story so far! It will have twelve chapters. Don't forget to follow me - I'll follow you back - and vote for this and my other stories.

💟AnimeLover689💟