Prologue [EDITED]

岩 Iwa

Uzumaki Yoru was the twenty-five year old daughter of Uzumaki Daichi and Iwa Aimi.

Daichi was a cousin to Kushina, making Yoru and Naruto, well, distant cousins also. He left Uzushiogakure and declined Kushina's request for him to come with her, stating there was travel he needed to do. He ended up in Iwagakure where he met Yoru's mother, Aimi. She was the last few of the Iwa clan and her elders had disowned her. Daichi took pity and let her stay as long as she agreed to clean while he was gone for missions.

Eventually, as they got closer, Daichi started to love her. He admitted his feelings to her and was overjoyed when she returned his feelings. They got married and soon Aimi was with child. Daichi was sad to depart for missions every single time, but made sure to ask a thousand questions when he returned. She was always ecstatic when he came home, and he usually happened to be there for various doctor's appointments she had.

Finally, the day came. Daichi was out on a three-week mission, only to come back to an empty home. Of course, he was worried. He rapidly ran around the village to the places she frequented, but to no avail. Then, as a last resort, he ran to the hospital and asked the desk clerk if an Iwa Aimi had checked in. She flipped through a couple pages before telling him that she had been sent to the birthing center about thirteen hours ago. He asked for a room number before quickly rushing to her room.

There she was, with IVs hooked up to her to lessen the pain. He knew she had low calcium levels, but this must have been harsh on her. Her dilation was almost to ten centimeters and her contractions were much closer together. Once she saw that he was present, she tried to give him a slight smile, but it ended as a grimace. He walked to her side and gave her his hand, only to wince in pain because his hand was being squeezed really, really hard. Within the hour, she became fully dilated and the doctor gave the okay to push.

After an excruciating two hours of her pushing and him getting the bones in his hand being painfully squeezed together, the baby was out. It was a beautiful baby girl, with deep blue eyes, even though the parents thought they would change. She had the blackest hair seen, especially for one with Uzumaki blood, which was from her mother. They agreed to keep his last name, due to how much safer it might be considering the dwindling number of Uzumakis. Also, Aimi was one of the last few of the Iwa clan. They were a dying breed due to a horrible, horrible man.

Their child's first name was something they decided to sleep on though, for it was around four in the morning and Aimi was very tired. Daichi pulled up a fold-out chair next to his wife and watched over her. Sometime during the night, he managed to fall asleep, only to wake up to the heart monitor beeping. When he groggily looked up, he was shocked to find that the heart rate line was flat. This could not be happening. She had just birthed their precious child, she couldn't be dead. Not even a minute later, their child woke up and was wailing. He picked her up and was trying to calm her down while trying to calm himself simultaneously. Soon, the doctor came in and checked for a pulse, only to find that there wasn't one and that she was cold as death.

Daichi never thought that he would cry sad tears while his daughter was in his arms, but what else was he to do? He decided her name at that moment. Yoru, named after the night that her mother was killed. But, he didn't blame her, it was nowhere near being her fault. He would raise her to be compassionate and strong, like her mother and father.

Eventually, they got home and lived a pretty normal homelife, Daichi had to hire a babysitter one day to watch over Yoru while he was on missions. His neighbor, luckily, had children and offered to help him out since this was his first child.

When Yoru reached age three, Daichi started teaching her the way of the shinobi, the rules and the basics. She mastered those at age four. He decided to put her in the academy then, and then continued to teach her the advanced things, chakra control such as walking on trees and water; jutsus from both sides of her family. Seals from the Uzumakis and her Diamond Release from her mother's side, just in case she got it. With time, her hand seals improved greatly and she learned jutsus that she should not have known until she was at least a chuunin.