Chapter Twelve [EDITED]

お帰り  Okaeri

She knew that things would be okay once they got back to Konoha, then they would have their team back.

Upon arriving at the gates of Konoha, Sasuke's hitai ate was tied around his waist and Yoru's was back in its place around her arm. Kotetsu and Izumo hurriedly rushed them to the Hokage's office where they were enveloped in a bone-crushing hug by Sakura. Tsunade ushered her out, which Sakura took as the chance to go get Kakashi and Naruto, who had already come back. Tsunade made Yoru give her a full oral report on their journey and then promised to test Sasuke of his ability tomorrow, to make sure Yoru had kept her promise. Tsunade then looked to Sasuke.

"Danzou and Itachi are dead. I presume you already know."

"Yes, that is correct."

"Would you like to tell me how you know?"

"I killed them."

"That's what I thought. Thank you, I never did like that Danzou guy."

He smiled at her and nodded. About three seconds later, a bright, although taller, orange blob burst into the room, tackling them both to the ground. They were all three laughing and on the verge of tears. They all blurted out that they missed each other and that they needed to get home so Yoru could cook dinner for everybody like the old times. They finally stood up and Yoru noticed Kakashi standing right inside of the room, scratching his back and looking at the ground. She marched up to him with an angry look on her face and chakra punched him through the wall.

"You could have at least wrote back, 'ttebayo!"

Everyone had a surprised look on their faces before bursting out in laughter. Yoru offered to pay to fix the wall and to take the Hokage out for the drink, the same payment as last time she punched someone through the wall. The kids and Yoru exited the Hokage's office to go home after she yelled at Kakashi, saying that he better be there so they could talk. She made their favorite meals once again, miso soup with fried eggplant, tomatoes, and umeboshi. They were super excited to be a team again and the kids, now jounin technically, were happy that they were back together.

Naruto ushered them all to the living room for a horror movie, just like that night. Yoru stepped into the kitchen and was happy to find that Naruto had been actually grocery shopping and had bought the stuff she needed for popcorn. Just like she expected, Kakashi followed her into the kitchen once again. This was the first time they had been alone since she got back to Konoha.

Kakashi had started to speak when Yoru pulled him into a hug, "I missed you."

He smiled and looked down at her, "I missed you too, Yoru."

Then, it was over, just like that. She pulled away from him and began humming while getting the popcorn ready. She told him about what happened those two years, from start to finish, while he just stood there listening. She was grateful she had him back, especially after he asked her on another date. He even told her that he would be on time that day, no matter what. She smiled and walked over to him with the bowl of popcorn and kissed him. She really had missed him but now it was time for the movie.

This time, instead of Yoru and Kakashi falling asleep on the couch, they snuck out to the bar after getting the rest of their jounin friends. It was a fun night for everybody. Kurenai and Yoru were mostly the one to talk to each other, they even went off on their own for a trip to the hot springs together. That was where Kurenai told Yoru that she was pregnant and that she was the only one to know. She also explained that she was going to tell Asuma soon, she just was not sure when.

The next morning, the kids of Team Seven showed up at the door of their sensei's house, promptly around eight in the morning. Yoru had crashed at Kakashi's house late that night after everyone had departed. She groggily stumbled out of bed and got dressed, moving to the front door to see who had woken her up so earlier. Once she saw that it was the rest of her team, she yelled for Kakashi to get up and that they had something to do.