Chapter Five and A Half [EDITED]

A/N This chapter might be a little bit shorter than the rest, as I'm doing kind of a filler.

  期待 Kitai 

He leaned against Yoru, while making sure she would still be comfortable, and fell into a dreamless sleep.

Kakashi woke up to being gently nudged by a hand. He groggily opened his eye, that was the best sleep he had in a while and he did not want to get up. He was surprised once again when he realized what position he was in. Yoru was wrapped in his arms on the couch, and she had been nudging him awake. She gave him a strange looked and starting whispering to him.

"This is the second time you've done this. Do I need to buy you a teddy?"

"Shh," he grumbled, "Let me go back to sleep."

She rolled her eyes at him, "I need to go make breakfast, and you need to get up too."

"Why?"

"You sound like Naruto. You have stuff you need to do, remember?"

"You sound like a mother."

"Good. Now get up."

He sighed and unwrapped his arms from around her, he really did not want to. She felt so nice in his arms and it was so warm. A weight was lifted from the couch as he closed his eye again. It did not last very long as a hand grabbed his arm and lifted him up. She deadpanned him when he did not immediately respond. He was not a morning person at all.

"Go run your errands and then come back for breakfast, okay? I'm gonna wake the kids up."

"I'll just make a clone, it'll be faster."

"Could you contact Sakura's parents too? I don't think she meant to fall asleep, they're probably worried."

He grunted in reply and formed the hand signs for a clone and sent him off. Then he asked Yoru where the bathroom was and excused himself. Yoru exited into the kitchen and started to prepare some bacon. While that was frying, she got out the bread, lettuce and a couple tomatoes. She broke the lettuce and sliced the tomatoes while waiting for the bacon to cook. Kakashi got back sometime between the lettuce and tomato and Yoru asked him to set the table while she woke up the kids.

They were all grumbly but complied anyway. Sakura freaked out a little before Yoru told her that a clone had been sent to her house to tell her parents that she would be here for breakfast. When they all came to the kitchen, they found breakfast sandwiches set out for each of them, Kakashi's was already gone and Yoru was halfway through hers. If Yoru was not a shinobi, she would definitely be a chef.

Breakfast was over and the genin all left, Naruto and Sasuke walking Sakura home and then going to some "All Boys Club" meeting, Sasuke thought it was dumb but went because of Naruto. That left Yoru and Kakashi all alone.

"Sorry for falling asleep on you Kakashi."

"It's no big deal, you were tired."

"Do you know when we're supposed to be meeting with your friends? And where?"

He glanced at the clock in the kitchen, "We're supposed to be at the BBQ restaurant right now actually."

"Eh?! Why didn't you say something earlier, I'm not even ready!"

"I'm always late anyways, go get ready and then we'll leave," he chuckled.

She scrambled to change into fresh clothes and brush her teeth, she did not have time to shower, but she did make sure that she did not smell horrible. She ran back out and to the door to slip her sandals on before exasperatedly yelling at Kakashi to hurry up. He made his way to the door and slipped his sandals on and leisurely lead the way to the restaurant, chuckling every time Yoru made a remark about how slow he was. She would have gone by herself if she knew where it was, or if she knew his friends.

They made it to the restaurant a lot faster than Kakashi expected, even his friends were surprised. He was usually a lot later. They all smiled and introduced themselves. Yuuhi Kurenai was the only other female in the group; she had long black hair and crimson eyes that matched her painted lips. Sarutobi Asuma was the son of the Hokage; he had a kind smile and smoked cigarettes. Yoru assumed they were a couple based on how intimately they interacted. The last person was Maito Guy, Kakashi's rival; he had very large eyebrows and a bowl cut. He yelled about how youthful Kakashi's new girlfriend was.

Yoru blushed, "Oh no, we're not together, we're just co-sensei's."

"Oh! Well then, fair, youthful maiden, will you be my girlfriend? I promise to protect you with my life!"

"Uhh."

"Guy, you just met her, at least take her on a date. And plus, it's obvious that Kakashi is into her," Kurenai stated.

"Right!" Guy yelled, turning to Kakashi, "My forever youthful rival! I challenge you; the winner goes on a date with the maiden!"

"Her name is Yoru," Kakashi deadpanned.

"Do you accept my challenge?"

He sighed, "Sure, why not?"

Yoru looked back and forth between the two, at a loss for words. She turned to Kurenai, "Does this happen often?"

Kurenai and Asuma both laughed, "Every time they see each other. But don't worry, Kakashi will definitely win this one."

"Why's that?"

"He's into you, and I don't think anyone would wish a date with Guy upon you."

Within five minutes, the challenge was over and as Kurenai predicted, Kakashi was the winner.

"Now that this is over, can we actually go inside and eat," Asuma interjected.

They all agreed and ate to their heart's content. Kurenai talked mostly to Yoru, trying to get to know the other girl that had been integrated into their group. They actually had a lot in common, and Kurenai was soon invited to dinner later that week. They exchanged stories about their genin and she was shocked to find out that Naruto was Yoru's cousin. The lunch was soon over, and Kakashi offered to walk Yoru home. Yoru, being herself, could not decline.

Their walk was peaceful, they listened to the wind and the birds chirping that day. It was nearing summer, where the flora and fauna were at their peak of livelihood.

"You know you don't actually have to go on a date if you don't want to, right? I just didn't want to see you go on a date with Guy."

"You make it sound like you don't want to go on a date with me Kakashi, I'm hurt," she feigned, holding a hand over her heart.

"No! That's not what I meant; I'd love to go on a date with you. I mean-" he awkwardly coughed.

"Why didn't you just tell me that in the first place?"

"I don't know."

"Well I'd love to go on a date with you sometime Kakashi," she looked over and smiled shyly at him.

"What's your favorite food? I'm sure we could find a place that'll have it."

"It's octopus sushi actually, my father and I used to get it a lot before I left."

"Sushi it is then."