Chapter Three [EDITED]

楽 Raku

Then the darkness consumed her.

When Yoru woke up, it was the middle of the night, from what she could tell.  She did not see a lump where Kakashi should have been, so she looked around.  She eventually found him, sitting in front of the balcony.  She scooted up to him, making sure to make noise in case he did not realize she was awake.  He looked down at her, before looking back up.  She could see the night sky reflected in his eye, and they almost did not look different.

"Couldn't sleep?"

"The night was too beautiful not to see."

That was a lie and they both knew it.

Together they sat in a comfortable silence until the sun rose and they heard shuffling from around the house.  Yuro turned to get another shirt from her scroll, before turning around and taking her bandages and shirt off and changing into a new, clean shirt.  When she turned back around she swore she might have seen a pink tinge to Kakashi's cheeks.  She walked over to the extra bandages and asked if he would like for her to change his bandages before they went down to breakfast.

He accepted, but would not look her in the eye when she got to the area around his midsection. She applied ointment to his wounds and sent littles sparks of chakra through it, so his wounds would heal faster.  When she was done, she put new bandages on and threw on her jacket while waiting for Kakashi to finish up.  Upon seeing Kakashi, Naruto and Sakura jumped up to try to tackle him. But luckily, Yoru intercepted them and told them he was still injured and no funny business.

They thanked Tsunami after eating breakfast (Yuro had to not-so-gently remind Naruto his manners), and then set off for a training area that would appease Kakashi.  They stumbled across a copse of trees and Kakashi settled down on a fallen tree and began to explain the lesson.  The genin would learn how to walk up trees today, he told them to focus chakra onto the soles of their feet and to try it.  Naruto did not believe it was possible, so Yoru walked over and up, even hanging from the bottom of the branch.  He looked flabbergasted, and Yoru jumped down.  After the explanation was over, Kakashi threw them a kunai each to mark their progress.

Naruto and Sasuke fell so much that Yuro thought they would have concussions. Naruto was using too little, and Sasuke was using too much.  Sakura, however, made it up most of the tree on her first try.  When Sakura was done, Yuro gave the boys a little of her chakra and then set off with her female genin to go guard Tazuna's bridge.  On the way there, Sakura became curious about the green light that came from her hands when she touched Naruto and Sasuke.  Yuro told her that the green light was called healing chakra, where you take your own chakra and form it to heal others.

Seeing as Sakura was interested in something that was not Sasuke, Yuro promised to teach her about it after they were done guarding the bridge.  The shift went by slowly, with nothing important happening, so Tazuna called it and headed back to the house with Yuro and Sakura.  When they arrived, the other sensei and genin were back at the house.   Unsurprisingly, Kakashi was already done with his food and had his mask back up.  Naruto and Sasuke were at it again though, having an eating contest.  When one ate too much food, they would throw it up and eat more.  When Yuro walked in, she pulled their food away, she could not handle throwing up.  After the dispute, Yuro and Sakura settled down and gave their reports on the bridge and then Kakashi gave progress on the boys.  He stated that they should be completely ready by tomorrow.  Little did he know, Naruto and Sasuke were going to sneak out tonight and complete their training.

The dinner went by and soon it was time for bed.  They all headed to their rooms, except Naruto and Sasuke, claiming they had "left something in the training ground."  Yoru kept track of them with a clone, making sure they did not, well, die.  After that had been sorted, she took off her flak jacket and pulled out some paper and a quill.  She had not written to her father in a while, and she knew he would be expecting some news on her and Naruto.