Chapter One [EDITED]

A/N Yoru is twenty-five starting now, it is twelve years after the Kyuubi attack and Naruto has just passed his genin test.

変化 Henka

It was a nice evening in Iwa and the marketplace was bustling. Yoru had dragged her father out of their home to the sushi stall. Shachou, the owner of the stall, had told Yoru that the octopus shipment would come in today. She was considered his number one, most valued customer. She came in at least four times a week. She ordered ten plates, roughly about twenty pieces of sashimi, of her favorite and then five plates of salmon uramaki, salmon with vegetables, rolled with the seaweed on the inside and the rice on the outside. Daichi groaned at the sheer amount that she ordered, knowing that it was his turn to pay for the meal.

Shachou laughed and started making their sushi, setting plates down as he made them. He set out their trays of wasabi and gari, better known as pickled ginger. Yoru made a face at the gari and pushed it towards her father while taking the wasabi for herself. Her father laughed and then looked behind her, suddenly becoming more serious. Yoru turned around and saw an ANBU with a porcelain mask designed to look like an animal. This was a characteristic of the Konoha ANBU and they seemed to be waiting for her.

"May I help you, Konoha-nin?"

"You are Uzumaki Yoru, correct?"

"Yes sir," she replied growing even more suspicious, what did a Konoha ANBU want with her?

"I am here, with permission from the Tsuchikage, to give you a letter from the Sandaime Hokage. After you have read it, the Tsuchikage wishes to see you," he said while handing her a letter. "Good luck Uzumaki-san."

Her father gave her a questioning look as she dismissed the ANBU and turned back to the counter. She opened the letter, with her father leaning over her shoulder to find:

Uzumaki Yoru,

It has come to my attention that you and your father, Uzumaki Daichi, are the only known Uzumakis left, besides the one residing in my village. I am sure that the letter was delivered to you twelve years ago detailing Uzumaki Kushina and Namikaze Minato's death and the birth of Uzumaki Naruto.

The village hates him because he has the Kyuubi sealed inside of him, they see him only as the beast. With him becoming a genin, I am scared that his seal may weaken. I would like to request that you or your father, or even both would transfer to Konoha to keep his seals under check. I trust Naruto, but I do not trust the Kyuubi, I would like to see that he and the village stay safe.

If you decide to come, you will be granted immediate guardianship of Naruto and your own apartment in our shinobi sector of the village. You will also be allowed to go on any mission regarding him.

I understand that this is a risk, inviting a stranger from a foreign country into my village. But I know the Uzumaki clan and how they were tied to family. I hope that you at least think about my request while you visit the Tsuchikage.

My Regards,

三代目火影

猿飛ヒルゼン

Sandaime Hokage

Sarutobi Hiruzen

She wordlessly handed the letter over to her father and let him read it. His eyes grew big when he got to the part about transferring villages and he looked to her. She politely asked Shachou for something to put her leftover sushi in, normally Shachou wouldn't have done something like that, but he understood that something had happened. He gave them a bento box and ushered them to go do what they needed to do.