Chapter Fifteen

急襲  Kyoushuu 

They were all smiling and laughing together and even got Sasuke to smile when Naruto pulled him into a hug.

Eventually things had settled throughout the day. Sakura left for her night shift, Sasuke left once more for training, while Kakashi, Yoru, and Naruto enjoyed their days off.  Naruto was confused when he found Sakura's stuff scattered around his room and laughed when Yoru made the simple comment that Sakura had missed him.  She made him a special dinner, homemade miso ramen, to celebrate him coming home once more.  Kakashi had almost choked on his food when Yoru said she had to talk to Naruto about something.

"Have you ever wondered where the Uzumaki clan came from?" she questioned between bites.

He stopped slurping his noodles and looked at her, surprised, "Every day of my life."

"Eh?! Why didn't you say something, 'ttebaya?!"

"I was waiting for you to ask me about it," he pouted.

"Idiot. Just because you don't look like an Uzumaki doesn't mean you can't ask about it."

"What do you mean I don't look like an Uzumaki? I didn't know they had specific looks."

She balked, "How did you not know? Most clans have common features."

"What are they then?"

"Red hair."

"Really?"

"Yes, really. Why do you think my father has red hair?"

"Did my mother have red hair then?"

"I believe so, I never actually met her.  Father only talked about her and Mito-san occasionally."

"I've heard you talked about this Mito person, but who is she?"

"She was the first jinchuuriki of the kyuubi and the wife of the first Hokage."

"Does that mean Tsunade-baa has Uzumaki blood? Her grandpa was the first Hokage."

"I guess so."

"So what were you saying about where our clan came from?"

"Oh, right.  How would you like to go to Uzushiogakure with me? It's about time for you to pay homage anyways."

"You mean the village where our clan came from?"

"That's correct."

"Of course I want to go, 'ttebayo!"

Kakashi finally piped in, "I told you he'd agree."

"Ne, I know that. Are you almost done?"

"Yeah yeah, here's my plate.  You're leaving in the morning aren't you?"

"Mm. You told Tsunade-sama we'd be leaving right?"

"Yes, Sakura and Sasuke are aware also.  Sakura said she'd be stopping by later and probably in the morning and Sasuke said he'd just stay with Hinata until we got back."

Naruto looked confused, "Wait, Hinata? Like, Hyuuga Hinata?"

Yoru looked at him, "Yeah? What about it?"

"Why is Sasuke staying with her?"

"Has Sasuke not told you? They've been dating for quite a while now. Who did you think he trains with?"

Naruto pouted, "He doesn't train with me anymore."

Yoru winked, "I'm sure Sakura would train with you."