Chapter Eight [EDITED]

回収 Kaishuu

He could not wait for Sasuke to be his brother.

It should go without saying that Sasuke was just as excited. Yoru had invited the whole team over to her house for a surprise party. She told Sasuke to go to the store to pick up some more soap for the house while they all set up. When he came home, all of the lights were off until he got to the kitchen. Then, he was tackled by two of the Uzumakis while they were yelling "Surprise!" He was even more surprised when he finally got up to find an adoption form sitting on the table.

"Is this for me?" he quietly asked as he looked up to Yoru.

"Yeah, I thought since you're over here enough and most of your stuff is already over here that this would just be easier. But, you don't have to accept it if you don't want to."

"Of course I want to," he smiled.

They held a celebratory party before Naruto and Yoru were called to the Hokage's office. They were confused as to why. Kakashi, Sakura, and Sasuke stayed to clean up while they went. Yoru saw this as the perfect excuse to turn in Sasuke's adoption papers. When they arrived, a rather large man with giant white hair was standing in the office, talking with the elders. She had only heard a few sentences, but it sounded like they were trying to convince him to be the next Hokage.

"I would make a horrible Hokage! No! But, I know who the perfect candidate would be," he yelled.

"And who would that be, Jiraiya?"

So this is the legendary Jiraiya, great now I only need to see Tsunade, Yoru thought.

"Princess Tsunade, and I'll be glad to find her," he said as he turned around. "As long as Naruto comes with me."

Naruto looked confused and then looked to Yoru.

"What makes you think you can just take Naruto?" she not-so-politely asked.

"Who're you?" Jiraiya replied while blatantly checking her out.

"Hey, Pervy Sage! Stop looking at nee-chan like that! Nee-chan, this is Pervy Sage, he agreed to train me when I caught him spying on the bathhouses."

"Eh? 'Nee-chan'? You don't have a sister."

"I'm Naruto's legal guardian, Uzumaki Yoru. Now, you're going to have to at least tell me who you are before you just take him."

"I am Jiraiya, the Toad Sage, I am also Naruto's godfather."

"Prove it."

Jiraiya deadpanned and looked at the elders for help, shaking his hands back and forth between him and Naruto. After about a minute, they sighed and looked around for Naruto's file and handed it to Jiraiya for him to look over. He found what he was looking for and then shoved it into Yoru's face. When she peeled the file away and looked at it, it was the legal guardian's section, with Jiraiya listed as his godfather. She sighed and walked up to him.

As she grabbed him by the collar, she pulled him down to her level with surprising ease and whispered into his ear, "If you let Naruto get hurt, I swear on my life that I will find you and give you the slowest and torturous death a shinobi has ever gotten." She let him go as he gave her a shocked expression, while she hugged Naruto, "Be safe, okay? I love you."

"I'll be okay nee-chan, promise!" he replied while giving her his signature smile and thumbs-up.

Afterward, Yoru turned to the elders and handed them the adoption form, all filled out. They looked over it and nodded, and then put it in Sasuke's file. They confirmed that she was now the legal guardian of Uchiha Sasuke. She decided to wait until the new Hokage had arrived to request and new home, and then sprinted back to her current home to tell them the news.