Chapter 2

[Harry]

Death threats? Scary presents? Pictures of guns and dead bodies?

And he doesn't want me to freak out?

How did I never see all of this? I thought I read everything that the fans sent me. Apparently not.

At first I thought he was kidding me. Then I saw his facial expression when I laughed out loud and I realized he wasn't joking at all.

How am I supposed to react? Be calm and talk about it or be scared and locked myself in my room for the rest of my life?
Well, my second choice is maybe a little bit exaggerated. Just a little. Because right now that's exactly what I want to do.

It's strange to imagine that, a human being I don't even know can hate me that much to send me death threats and horrible photos. I mean, I know that I'm not loved by everybody. I just don't think I did anything that wrong...

"Harry?" Liam calls me. Oh. I totally forgot him.

"Yeah?"

"Did you even listen to me?" He asks.

"Of course." I answer.

"And what do you think of all this ?"

What am I thinking? I really don't know. Am I supposed to be prepared for these kinds of things?
I look to Liam and see he is waiting patiently.

"It's ok, I guess... It's alright!"

I'm lying, I know I'm lying.

I hear him chuckle.

"Alright big boy! Of course, how could I forget? You're Harry Styles; you're not scared of anything, huh? Now seriously, Harry, the truth, please?"

Why am I not surprised he didn't fall for it? Like I said, he understands me like nobody else does.

I could be the best freaking liar in the world and he would still reading in me like an open book and know the truth. I love and hate it. I can't hide something from him; it's annoying but good at the same time.

"It's scary." I finally admit.

He nods approvingly.

"How long have I been getting them?"

He shakes his head and says that's not important.

"Can I see them, then?"

"I don't think it's a good idea." He answers quickly.
He stands up, takes my glass from my hands to clean it. Maybe he's right. Maybe it's better for me not to see the letters and the pictures... maybe.

"Where are they?"

Liam turns around to look at me and dries his hands before walking out of the kitchen.

I hear him downstairs opening a drawer or something then closing it before coming up again. He holds a box out to me.

A box? A freaking box? It's not just one or two letters? It's a big box!

Ok... Now I'm freaking out.

"Oh! Just that?" I say, sarcastically, of course.

"No."

No? What does that mean?

"There are two more boxes, downstairs."

He must be kidding me! Oh my god, I was so blind. I am totally clueless, not worrying about anything. Louis was right, I need to grow up. I'm just a joke. A stupid guy who thinks everybody is nice and good. But it's the opposite.