Chapter 9

I figured Backpack went well with this chapter. Don't play the song yet! I'll let you know when.

Hailey's POV

Have you ever had that moment where you had mixed feelings? You don't know what to do or how to do it. That is how I feel right now. I know I agreed to give Jason a chance. I promised the gang I would try but at the time I was just being nice. Jason has been so caring and sweet lately.

It's been a few weeks since my accident. I feel like Jason has been so cautious because of it. I do not know what I'm feeling but I think I...might like him. I don't even know what I'm thinking. I probably sound so crazy for even thinking of having feelings for a criminal. I do not want these feelings. I've been planning whenever I have the chance too.

Jason plans to go back to Stratford for some business and I'm going with him. Once I get the chance, I am going to run. Jason isn't even going to see it coming. I know what I promised the gang but I am just too afraid to be with him.

After all Jason is a criminal. I can't trust that he will change his murderous ways because of me. What if I did give in to him and he had a slip up again but this time killed me? What would my mom think? Does she even still care about me?

What about Matt? How is he reacting to me being gone? I just want to go home. How can you be forced to love someone it's just not right. I don't even know Jason he is just some criminal that kidnapped me. Jason has shown that he can care but he has also shown that he cannot control his anger. I do not want to hurt anyone but I can't stay here. This is not my home. My family needs me and I need them.

"Hailey are you ready to go?" Jason asked as he poked his head through his bedroom door. Right now I'm packing. I am going to try and open up to Jason so I can get him to trust me.

I know this is wrong but I have to get away somehow. I like people to trust me but if it costs me my life, I am breaking it.

"Yeah. I was just closing my suitcase."

"Alright the jet will be ready in thirty minutes." Jason says before leaving the room. I feel a slight pang in my chest from the guilt but quickly cover it knowing I will be out of here soon. I zip up my suitcase and get up walking over to Jason's dresser.

If I am going to run, I will need money for transportation. Quickly I sift through Jason's drawers looking for money. Not finding anything under his shirts, I move down to his underwear drawer. I lift a black pair of Calvin Klein underwear finding a roll of hundreds wrapped in a rubber band. I open it and quickly grab two hundreds and shut the drawer.

This feels so wrong but I know it will be all right in the end. I will finally be with my family. I won't have to be worried every day of my life thinking Jason is going to come in here angry one day and beat the living shit out of me.

I shove the money in my shoe as I slip them on. Grabbing my PINK VS sweater, I head to the bathroom to brush my teeth and wash my face. By the time I am done, it's time to go.

Jason comes in and grabs my suitcase. I follow him down the stairs and out the door. When we climb on the jet, I take my seat and look out the window. The pilot lets us know that we are taking off and with that, we are in the sky.

"I'm going to take a nap for a bit. I didn't get much sleep last night from all the planning. If you need anything, come get me or one of the flight attendants will be glad to help you."