Chapter 25

Hailey's POV

Tossing and turning is all I have been doing all night. I'm scared I'll open my eyes and find Jason standing above me. I'm scared he'll take me away and hurt me again. I'm scared for the life of my baby.

If only he had made a normal approach and instead got to know me. He didn't have to take me away. He didn't have to hurt and degrade me. He didn't have to push my to the brink of suicide.

I don't know if it was the way I turned or the baby that caused a super sharp pain in my stomach. I sat up in my bed and reached for my phone. A week ago made it eight months since I have been pregnant.

Meaning it's been a week since Jason has found out where I am. My heart sank at the thought. I almost forgot about the pain before it shot through my lower stomach again.

This time it felt worse than the first one causing me to yell out in pain. I used my fists to lift myself from the bed and instantly felt heavy pressure between my legs. I'm not past thirty seven weeks the baby can't be coming. My mother burst into the room with panic on her face.

"What's wrong? Are you okay?" She asked frantically.

"There's pain in my lower stomach. It feels like the baby's head is sitting right at my entrance. But it can't be coming now," I said nervously.

"Let's get you to a hospital."

My mom quickly helped me dress and loaded me into the car along with herself. She drove much over the speed limit constantly asking if I am okay. After her asking three times, the pain got too much and I couldn't answer anymore.

We pulled up to the hospital and she ran inside before hurrying back out with three other doctors pulling a gurney. I tried the breathing exercise's I did with my yoga instructor. Only I could barely take a breath.

Everything seemed to move in slow motion. It was slow but so fast. I was switched to another bed in a room. I couldn't breath in the position I was laying in and so they quickly lifted the bed.

"Ms. Carter we are going to have to prepare for a caesarean section. It is too risky for you to push the baby out and the baby isn't ready." The male doctor said before I was injected with a needle.

My entire body went numb. I was lowered down again laying flat on my back. This time I could breathe. The pain went away. A curtain was placed between my and everything below my breasts. I could hear everyone around me frantically moving.

I looked over to the side of the room. It was a small peek between the curtains. People rushed by. Probably to their family. Family. Something I'll never have.

I laid there for a moment. Completely still. What flashed past the window stopped the breath in my throat. When he reappeared I knew I wasn't going crazy. He smiled crazily at me. Looking down at my lower half. I was too scared to move. The tears fell from my eyes quietly as he stared.

I couldn't look away. It's as if his eyes burned into me. I almost forgot I was having my baby. The doctor instructed and helped me lift up in order for me to receive the epidural. My body felt weak and then I felt nothing at all.

It felt like hours of staring into his eyes while the doctors and nurses moved hastily around me. My mother was crying and squeezing my hand. All sound and touch had faded away the second I saw him.

My mother let go of my hand and moved aside placing her hand over her chest. That's when I heard it. The loud cries. Such loud cries from a tiny body.

"It's a girl."

**********

Short and unedited sorry. I just wanted to get the birth chapter posted. Chapter 26 should be up very soon!!!