Chapter 2

The light of the moon was dim and sparing, and could barely squeeze through the thick blanket of leaves. As Maddy and Jana trekked silently through the wood, the silver spotlight it the surrounding foliage in peculiar ways, making the autumn leaves a deathly grey. Maddy could feel her powers slowly start to drain from her blood; her eyes strained to see the forest path ahead. Her hearing was still in tact, however, and she jumped at each snap and crack of twigs.
Eventually they arrived back at the camp, and Maddy received the same angry glances as she tentatively walked past the wolfbloods. Subconsciously she edged closer to Jana, but glared back, baring her teeth. The wolfbloods rolled their eyes, and returned to whatever they were doing.
A silhouette emerged from one tent, and stopped as their eyes rested on Maddy.
"Maddy Smith, where have you-" her stern voice trailed off as the pair stepped into a pillar of moonlight, revealing Maddy's depressed expression, and Jana's wary one.
"Aw Pet." Comforted Emma as she took Maddy into a hug. Sobbing slightly, Maddy buried her head into her mothers shoulder. Giving a slight nod, Jana turned away, and disappeared into the darkness. Emma placed her hand on Maddy's hair, and waited for her to finish. She knew there was no point in telling her to get over it; it had been so long since they had left for the wild, and her daughter's depression had not gotten any better. Therefore, she knew Maddy would never get over it, so all she could do was comfort her broken heart.

Sorry its short!