Prologue

~Ten years ago~
It was a cold, stormy night and two young girls could be seen standing closely to one another. The shorter of the two tightly held the taller girl's hand as they stood in the snow.

It's cold..., thought the younger girl, her reddish brown eyes looking at the snow falling on her gloved hands as her long brown hair swayed in the wind.

Pure white snow.

The taller girl's eyes were also looking at her gloved hands, her long brown hair being blown to the side.

What is pure white? What is snow?

It is...something that is not red.

Two pairs of reddish brown orbs moved from their hand and to their surroundings, looking around.

What is something that is red?

Both girls' then heard the crunching of snow when a voice spoke.

"Are you lost, little ladies?"

That is...

The taller girl looked upwards at the glowing red eyes of a tall male and tightened her grip on her sister's hand.

"May I...drink your blood?!"

They drink the life-blood of people. They are beasts, disguised as humans.

The older girl quickly pushed shorter brunette girl behind her as the vampire reached and grabbed the taller girl. The shorter girl staggered back and watched with fear as her sister fell down to the snow with the vampire aiming for her neck with his fangs out.

"No! Nee-chan!"

They are...

The taller girl heard her sister's cry and can only watch with fear as red eyes neared her face. Her eyes widened as blood suddenly splattered, staining the white snow crimson. She saw a brown haired male casting aside the vampire, his red eyes staring at his bloody hand. She hurriedly stood up and neared her sister, the shorter girl immediately clinging to her sister's arm.

"You are a disgrace to all vampires," Kaname muttered, glancing back at the two girls, eyes lingering on the older brunette longer, as he licked the blood on his hands.

Vampires. You mustn't get close to vampires.

The two girls stared at the body as it turned to dust and looked up just as the brunette male offered his hand.

"Are you two alright?"

If you get close to them...

The older girl's reddish brown orbs stared at the said hand before reaching over and placed her hand that wasn't holding her sister in the male's hand. Both girls stood up with the male, his hand holding the older brunette's hand tightly. The male pulled both girls into a hug.

...you will be enthralled by their eyes.

DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT OWN ANYTHING, OKAY? VAMPIRE KNIGHT BELONGS TO MATSURI HINO AND PICTURES BELONG TO THEIR RIGHTFUL OWNERS.