Chapter 6 ~ Dorm Inspection

When you got back to the gates, you let out a tired sigh when you noticed that Zero took off. You did not know where your sister went to as well, most probably off to patrol. So, without the other two, you began your patrol around the school ground and search for Zero at the same time.

***

"Where is he?" you muttered under your breath, a frown on your face.

It has been roughly an hour since you have started your patrol and you haven't caught a single sign of Yuki nor Zero. You exhaled loudly and continues walking through the trees surrounding the school. However, you stopped short when you heard shouting coming from the trees in front of you. Your eyes narrowed when you heard a thud and quickly pulled out your Phantom Twins from their respective holsters and sprinted off to the source of the shouts.

When you arrived, you noticed more than half of the Night Class have gathered, surrounding a Day Class male with silver hair.

Zero.

Your grip on your two guns tightened when you saw that Akatsuki and Aido had activated their powers, proof being the sheet of ice on the grass and the balls of fire floating behind Akatsuki's head. You were about to interfere but stopped when your sister suddenly jumped in.

"Stop right there," Yuki yelled, her anti-vampire weapon out as she landed in front of Zero and on the ice. "Fighting is prohibited! It's written in the student handbook, isn't it? If you insist on continuing this, then I-"

"I will be your opponent," you stated loudly, interrupting your sister's sentence as you walked out of the trees to make your appearance. You walked towards the vampires that had tensed up the moment they heard you, your guns pointed at Ruka and Akatsuki while Zero shifted his aim to Aido.

Your eyes grew cold as you stared at the vampires, stopping in front of Yuki to glare right to Aido's eyes. You clicked your tongue when they remained still, their cautious eyes still on you.

"Hmm? Do you want to fight me? I'll have you know that I own much more anti-vampire weapons than what I carry around daily. Do you want it to be painless? Or torturous?"

You smirked when you saw Aido shiver involuntarily, your smirk growing wider when Akatsuki diminished his fire.

"Wise choice. Now, go back to your classroom before I fuck you up."

You watched as the vampires walked back to class and sighed, shoving your guns back to their hidden holsters. You pinched the bridge of your nose and turned to Zero.

"Zero, what is going on? It is not like you to be doing this," you said, looking directly into his lilac eyes. You frowned when Zero just looked at you sharply and walked away. Your sister tried to get him to stay but he just muttered a low 'leave me alone'.

You stared at Zero's back for a moment before averting your eyes to your sister.

"Let's go, Yuki."

"But Zero-"

"We should understand his request and leave him alone for the time being."

The both of you walked back to the Sun Dorms in silence, the both of you deep in thought. When you finally arrived at the entrance, you turned to Yuki and nudged her forward.

"Go, Yuki. Have some rest. You can still get four hours of sleep if you sleep in 15 minutes. Four hours is better than nothing, right? Go, so that you will be able to stay awake for at least two subjects tomorrow."

Your sister frowned and looked at you, saying, "But Nee-chan, what about patrolling? And Zero?"

"I will take care of both of them. Now go to sleep. You'll need it. Go."