Chapter six: Steak thief

I slammed my bedroom door and locked it, fuming.

That Dollarsoarus Rex has struck again!
After my...stressful day, all I had wanted was to go home, take a shower, then curl up and sleep.

But nooo! My darling, sweet, amazing, mother has set me up with yet another man!

In 20 minutes, he will arrive. I have to somehow shower, change, do makeup, and learn how to smile in that short length of time.

I would prefer to go down stairs in my PJs, but I rather enjoy my head attached to my shoulders thank you very much.

I flung open my closet doors and began to toss articles of clothing dramatically over my shoulder.

I wore that last time...

Too much skin...

Ew, pink.

I finally settled on a maroon cocktail dress. It was simple, but not so simple that my mom will kill me.

It wasn't to short, and wasn't too long either

I stripped off my jeans and pulled it over my head.
Then, like a coffee-crazed maniac, I did my makeup and hair.

Just as I was slipping on some sandals, the door bell rang.
I cringed and sent a quick text to Rachel.

Me😈: Code red!
Rach😇: Need the usual excuse?
Me😈: Yaz plz.
Rach😇: Kk

With that, I slipped my phone in my bra, plastered a sweet smile on my lips, and hurried from my room.
                                ***
"Mr Sanders! Please, please come in!" My mother exclaimed. She wore a tight green dress that was shorter than mine, with her hair styled up in a bun.

If I didn't know better, I'd say that she was the one being set up on a date with this punk.

I stood off the the side, hands clasped in front of me with a "shy" smile on my face.
A young man walked threw the door, dressed in a white button up shirt and a black blazer. Blonde hair was swept to the side while blue eyes winked flirty at me.

I giggle and waved shyly at him as my mother entered the room.

Let the games begin.

                               ***

"So, tell me about yourself Adam." My mother urged, taking a sip from her wine.
Adam, who sat across from me, chuckled deeply and spoke.
"I work for my father." He responded.

My mom kicked me under the table and I jumped to attention, scrambling to remember my lines.
"Oh? And what does he do?" I asked, my charming smile Oscar worthy.

Adam seemed happy that he managed to make me smile, so he continued confidently, cockily.

"He is the owner of the Sanders firm. We make many of the pencils that Hellmington high uses."

Oh goody! Did you hear that? I'm being set up with a pencil maker!

"Really?" I snorted, earning a kick.
"I'm mean, really? How simply dashing!" I took a sip of wine (my mother could care less what I drank) keeping eye contact with Adam.

If I made my self seem interested, my mother will not kill me afterwards.
Simple survival skills really.

"So what do you do in your free time Hanna?" Adam asked, leaning forward with a charming smile.

Dismember the men who try to flirt with me.

"Read, paint, the usual." I said carelessly.

Another kick.

"I also feed baby whales!"

Kick

"A-and volunteer at a homeless
shelter!"

Kick

"Plus I help out at the orphanage."

Nudge

I gritted my teeth and stealthily rubbed my shin. No doubt a bruise would form later.

"And...I play piano for the middle school plays."

That last one wasn't a lie. I enjoy seeing the little kids live up to their dreams and perform on stage. It was a sweet visual, one that calmed me after a stressful week.

"You play piano? Any other instruments?" Adam asked.
I sighed, if you were in a wealthy family, 9 times out of 10 you learn quiet a few instruments.

"Why yes. I do. I play the piano, violin, cello, guitar, and sing." I said, ticking them off on my fingers.

Adam made a noise of approval while my mother gave me an encouraging nod.
I deserved an Oscar for this.

The food came out and I nearly cried in relief.
But my smile dropped to a frown when a plate of salad was set in front of me.

Oh no. No no no. I needed a burger! Not rabbit food!

I glanced over at Adam's plate to see that he had a juicy steak which was cut up into small bite size pieces.

Bingo

Quickly, I lunged forward and stabbed a piece, stuffing it into my mouth.
Adam's jaw dropped and I offered him a flirtatious smile around a mouthful of food.

"Delicious." I purred, leaning forward and taking another piece. Adam blinked and swallowed hard.

Sneaking a glance at my mother, I nearly laughed. She looked like she couldn't decide weather or not to be angry or satisfied that I was flirting this way.

Adam was transfixed on me as I took yet another piece, slowly biting into it and moaning.

That moan was mostly real. I loved steak, and our chief cooked the best steak ever.

"Oh I'm sorry!" I said bashfully, then stabbed my salad and offered him my fork. "Would like a bite of mine?"

A/N:

Until next time my little riders!