Chapter twenty: The man

Third person POV:

         "I saw your girl."

The male employee threw down a picture onto a shiny wooden desk.
The large picture was blurry, but it was the undeniable image of Hanna, her hair a wild halo as she danced away on the dance floor.

A hairy veined hand reached out and picked it up, examining it closely.
Black eyes gleamed in excitement as he looked over the blurry, pixelated image.

"Hanna..." his voice was rough and hoarse from lack of use, but it held the undeniable sound of yearn.

"How?" The man asked, not bothering to look up at his employee.
The employee tugged his tie nervously,
"Me and the guys were looking at these motorcycle videos. And we saw your girl in a few of them." He paused.
"Some rich town called Hellmington."

The man scoffed, "Typical of my wife. Hide her away in some rich place in hopes of blending in." The man snarled, staring hard at the picture.
"Yeah. She isn't blending that well though." The employee chuckled, remembering the second video he had seen of her.

The man didn't listen. He gently traced Hanna's still face, her smile lighting up the club. "She's grown so much." He whispered tenderly, drinking in the beautiful girl before him.

The employee cleared his throat, and spoke even though the man didn't look up.
"So what now? You know where she is."

The man rose from his seat and slowly prowled over to a large bulletin board. On it were numerous picture and newspaper articles, with words scribbled across them. Colorful red strings connected them into a chaotic chart that only he could understand.

Each picture was of Hanna of all ages. A newspaper article telling about an exceptionally brilliant 3rd grader at an unnamed elementary school who had won the science fair, the winner of a middle school beauty pageant at a city which censored out its name because a single woman was rich enough to pay them off.

The man pinned the newest picture in the middle, and scribbled across it in red sharpie.
Hellmington

"Send Ray and Josh to Hellmington. Watch her closely, and when the perfect opportunity shows itself..." the man suddenly whirled around and threw a dart into a large map of America.

"Strike."

A/N: It's short I know but another one is soon on the way!
We are getting two new dogs tomorrow so I'm super duper excited!!

Don't forget to rate comment and follow!
Until next time my little riders!
Tully~🥝