Chapter thirty-six: The power of the Eye

A/N: meet Hector -> 🐒
He is a monkey that will hit me with a stick when ever I don't update on time.

Say hi everyone!

(Very much unedited)

The cold water hit my face as I viciously rubbed. I needed to stay awake, but since Rachel's parents believed coffee to be something of the devil, I just had cold water.

Earlier that hour, Noah had stepped outside to make a call while Rachel started to set up the guest room.

I couldn't lie. That rejection hurt. But at the same time, was now really the best time to be looking for a relationship? After all, everyone I loved was in some sort of danger, and my mental father was on the loose.

A relationship would only complicate things.

With that set firmly in my mind, I forced a small smile on my face and opened the bathroom door.

Only to smack into Issac.

I stumbled backwards, yelping in surprise as he frantically juggled his laptop and a bunch of wrapped wires. "Issac! You gave me a heart attack!" I hissed, clutching at my chest once Issac steadied himself.

The Eye flashed me an apologetic smile. "Sorry Hanna. Do you know where Noah is?"

I shook my head. "No. Did he call you?"

"Yeah. He explained everything, so I'm here to help."

I didn't quite know how a geek would be able to help us, but I appreciated it either way.

"Alright...um, we're meeting in here." I muttered as I side stepped him and led the nerd to Rachel's room.
Knocking once, I opened the door to see that Noah was already inside, setting up a fold out white board Rachel used to remind herself of school work.

"Yo, Noah." Issac called.

Noah turned, and grinned brightly. "My man!" He said, then proceeded to do the super secret, totally original bro-hug-shake-thing.

Once they broke apart, he turned to me as I went to stand by Rachel and CJ.
"Issac is here to figure out exactly who your father is targeting, plus help hide you." Noah explained.

CJ frowned in doubt. "Issac? Aren't you the geek that never speaks in tech club?" He asked.

Issac meekly shrugged while Rachel turned to CJ in surprise. "I didn't know you were in tech club." She said, sounding pleasantly surprised.

In an attempt to look cool, CJ leaned back and flicked his hair from his face. "There's a lot of things you don't know about me." He said, trying to sound husky but instead sounding like he was in pain. Rachel snorted while I rolled my eyes.

"Guys, focus." I called attention back to Issac, who began to set up his gadgets and gizmos on Rachel's desk.

"Alright, let's get down to business." He said rubbing his hands.

"To defeat the huns." Rachel quietly sang. I grinned at her, and she playfully winked back.

Issac didn't enjoy our Disney reference, because he scowled as he sat himself in the spiny chair.
"First things first. Googling your fathers criminal record and jail time."

From that point on, it was a blur of noises and colors as Issac tapped rapidly and said things to Noah, who wrote them down on the board. At one point, I ended up between CJ and Rachel, with the former half asleep while the latter was drooling on my shoulder.

"Hanna, yo. Berry." Noah called from the white board, snapping me from my daze.

"Hm? Yeah?" I yawned, rubbing my eyes as I looked between the two boys. Issac was looking at me with a grim expression behind his glasses.