Chapter Twenty Seven: First Date Part One

After Chris drove for about an hour he finally stopped and parked his car in an empty parking lot by a beach!

"Are we having our date on the beach?" I asked as I looked over and smiled at Chris.

"You'll see" Chris said with a big goofy smile, making me laugh a little as he got out of the car and ran over to my side before helping me out of it.

"Thank you" I said as I smiled at Chris again.

"You're welcome" Chris said as he smiled back at me and rubbed his thumb across the back of my hand before he lead me over to a wooden staircase that's built over a sand dun. But when we got to the staircase, Chris stopped and turned around to face me with a smile tugging at his lips.

"Can you close your eyes, please?" Chris asked.

"Why?" I asked in a bit of confusion/curiosity.

"Because there's still a little surprise waiting for you up there" CHris said in a bit of excitement with a big smile.

I chuckled at that a bit as I smiled at Chris again before I closed my eyes. I felt Chris smile at me for that as I let him take hold of my other hand and start to lead me up the stairs.

"Ready to open your eyes?" Chris whispered into my ear making me shiver a little once we got to what felt like the top of the stairs.

"Yep" I said popping the 'p.'

"Then open them" Chris said with a small smile in his voice as I felt him place his hand on my shoulders.

I smiled and blushed at that too as I opened my eyes, and as soon as I did I let out a little gasp after I saw lanterns lit up and going down the stairs in a trail and circling around a picnic blanket on the sand. It's so beautiful!

"Oh my god" I said with a big smile as I looked at everything in amazement.

"Do you like it?" Chris asked as he come over to me side and looked at me with a little nervous look.

"I love it" I said as I turned around to face Chris and smile at him before I leaned forward a bit and pecked his cheek nice and quick. "It looks amazing."

Chris smiled at me for that as a little blush crept up on his cheeks before he took hold of my hand again and started to lead me down the stairs.

Once we got down to the bottom of the stairs I quickly took my heels and held them in my hands as we walked over to the picnic blanket and sat down on it.

"Want something to drink?" Chris asked as he opened up one of the picnic baskets on the blanket near us.

"What do you have?" I asked.

"Well I have white or red wine and I also brought a few bottles of beer too, so you can choose whatever you want to drink" Chris said with a smile as he took two bottle of both wines out and a couple of bears out too.

"Mhm....well I haven't had a beer in a while, so I think I'll have a beer" I said.

"One beer coming up" Chris said as he held me a bottle of beer.

"Thank you" I said as I gladly took the beer from him before opening it.

"You're very much welcome" Chris said with a big smile as he grabbed a beer too before opening it and taking a sip of it.

After that we began to eat the food Chris brought for us, which was lasagna, stuffed shells, spaghetti and meatballs with tomato sauce and parmesan cheese sprinkled on to it, and we also just talked about random things. So just the two of us could catch up with each thanks to it really being a really long time since just the two of did something together.

"So how was life in LA for you after you and your family moved out there?" Chris asked.

"It was kind fun....but I missed being Boston like crazy while I was living out there. Things just weren't the same for me after we moved" I stated.

"How so?" Chris asked as he gave me a curious look.

"Well for insist....I wasn't able to see or hang out with you for the longest time. And that absolutely sucked because you were my best friend that I could no longer see anymore and I just missed you and your family like crazy" I said.

And it's true. I did miss Chris like crazy. I thought about Chris everyday after my family and I moved away. I actually use to cry non stop thanks to me thinking I was never going to see him again ever and that I might have lost my best friend in the whole entire wide world. But I guess I was wrong about that because here he is now and I couldn't be anymore happy about that.

"I missed you like crazy too Ariana" Chris said as he looked at me with those blue eyed puppy dog eyes that make me blush every time I look into them. "And life for me after you left wasn't the same either."

"It wasn't?" I asked in a bit of shock because I didn't think he would have missed me as much as I missed him.

Yeah I know it's a stupid thought. But I'm sometimes a paranoid person and paranoid people sometimes have thoughts like that.

"No....it wasn't" Chris admitted with a little sigh as he slowly took hold of my hand and gave it a little squeeze. "After you left I felt like a part of me was gone and I thought I would never see it again. I missed going to school with you, I missed hanging out and goofing around with you too and I missed you when I graduated too because I thought I would be graduating with you by my side."

"I'm so sorry about that Chris" I said as I felt a wave of guilt come over me thanks to what he just said because I thought and promised Chris that we would graduate together no matter. But that never happened I feel beyond guilty about that.

"No Ariana....you don't have to be sorry about" Chris said as he squeezed my hand again.

"But I promised you we would graduate together and I broke that promise thanks to me moving away four years before graduation" I stated as I still continued to feel bad.

"I know....but you had no idea that you were going to be moving in the future and you also had no control over your families move either because it was for your father's job, which was a job. So you don't have to feel bad about breaking your promise and I'm not mad at you for breaking it either because like I said before you didn't know that your family and you were going to moving away. So please don't feel bad" Chris said as he smiled at me with a kind smile, making me smile back at me.

"And hey look.... we found each other again. So that's a good thing isn't it?" Chris asked.

I smiled at that fact and am really happy it's true. "Yeah....it's good."

Chris smiled at me as he started to draw circles onto my skin with the pad of his thumb. I smiled at that as Chris and I started to talk again while eating again as well. And Chris continued to hold my hand as we did so and I didn't mind it at all. It actually really nice.