Chapter Forty Five: Moving

"You know you don't have to move out so quickly, right dad?" I ask as I help my Dad put away some stuff in the kitchen to his new house.

It's been about three weeks since my Dad found out I was pregnant thanks to Chris accidentally revealing our little secret. I'm not mad at Chris though because the way my dad found out couldn't be stopped, it was an accident.

After my Dad found out though, he started to look for houses close by to move into because he wants to give Chris and I some space for our little growing family and also believes it's time to stop living with one of his children and move into his own place. And he found a pretty nice house that's three blocks away from mine three days into his search and bought it for a reasonable price and is moving into it today.

I just really don't want my Dad to move though because I'm going to miss him not being around so much after today and I think Riley will too. But the fact that I'm pregnant is probably making me really emotional about this whole situation and my Dad moving out is probably for the best.

"I know sweetheart...but I really do think it's time for me to stop depending on my youngest for living arrangements" Dad says as he looks over at me with a little smile.

I return the smile to Dad, but it's a little weaker as I cross my arms over my chest and lean against the counter.

"Just promise me you'll come and see Riley as much as you can" I say.

"I will don't worry. I know how much I mean to her" Dad says with a reassuring smile.

I smile at Dad before I turn my attention to the stairs and smile a little biggers after I hear little footsteps running down them and see Riley running down them.

"Mommy!" Riley shouts a little before gently colliding into my leg as she wraps her arms around it.

"What's up sweetheart?" I ask with a smile as I pick her up and hold her.

"Uncle Andrew, Shawn and Daddy finished putting together the furniture upstairs" Riley says with a big smile.

I smile at Riley and feel my heart do a little flip as Riley calls Chris Daddy.

"Thanks for letting me know, sweetie" I say as I comb some of Riley's hair back before kissing her cheek.

"Well Dad...you're all settled upstairs now" Andrew says with a smile as he, Shawn and Chris all come downstairs.

"Thank you boys" Dad says as he smiles at Andrew, Shawn and Chris and nods his head.

"Welcome" All three of them say with smiles before Chris walks over to me and wraps his arms around my waist as he kisses both me and Riley on our foreheads and gives my stomach a little rub.

"You're right Andrew, it is weird seeing them like that" Shawn says as he and Andrew look over at me and Chris with sort of disgusted looks on both of their faces.

I look over at the both of them with a raised eyebrow and stern face. "Don't make me come over there and teach you two a lesson."

Andrew and Shawn give me a bit of a sheepish look as they raise their hands up in the air.

I roll my eyes at that a little but couldn't help but smile at my two goofball brothers. Chris smiles at me as he rubs circles into my waist with his thumb and kisses the top of my head.

"Well kids, I'm pretty good well set up for today so you guys can go and head on home" Dad says as he waves his hand up in the air a little.

"You sure, Dad?" Shawn asks.

"Yeah we can stay for a bit longer if you want" Andrew says, but with a little bit of worry in his voice and it's probably because our Dad hasn't really lived by himself for a while. He's always had us.

Dad lets out a small laugh as he shakes his head a bit. "Kids I'll be fine. I'm a grown man who can take care of himself and has lived by himself once before."

Andrew, Shawn and I all smile at Dad a little sheepish though before we start to say bye to him.

"Bye Dad" I say as I give Dad a hug.

"Bye sweetheart" Dad says as he hugs me back before placing a hand to my stomach and making sure Andrew and Shawn wouldn't see it. "Bye future grandbaby" Dad whispers to me.

I smile at that as I hug him a little tighter before pulling away so Riley can have her turn.

"Bye munchkin" Dad says as he kneels down to Rileys height and smiles at her.

"Bye grandpa" Riley says as she jumps into Dad's arms and hugs him.

Dad chuckles at that a little as he hugs Riley back. "I'll come and visit soon so we can have our usual playdate, okay?"

"Okay" Riley says as she pulls away from Dad and smiles at him with an excited smile.

Dad smiles at Riley and gives her a little kiss.

Once Chris and my brothers said bye to Dad and then to each other, Chris, Riley and me all headed home.

When we got home, Riley rushed up to her room to go and play while I collapsed onto the couch thanks to how much my feet hurt from standing up all day.

"Tired?" Chris asks as he smiles at me and walks overs to me.

"No, not really...my feet just hurt" I say as I kick off my shoes and bring my feet up onto the couch.

Chris chuckles a little before he sits down on the couch and scoots closer to me as he takes hold of my legs and rest them on his lap and starts to give me a foot massage.

"Oh you are the best boyfriend ever" I exclaim as I close my eyes in enjoyment before opening them again and looking at Chris and smiling at me.

"I try" Chris says as he smiles at me again before resting a hand on my stomach.

I smile at that as I rest my hand on top of his and give it a little squeeze, making Chris smile at me once again.

"So what do you think the baby's going to be?" Chris asks.

"Well I can't decide if I either want it to be another girl because I would like to have another daughter, but I also want to see what it's like to raise a boy" I say with a little smile as I losely take hold of Chris' hand and rub my hand up and down the palm of his hand and think about what our baby could possibly be. But whatever it will be, I'll be happy no matter what.

"It would be nice if my first biological kid was a boy...but if it's not a boy, I'm fine with that. I'm just happy that I'm having the baby with you" Chris says as he gives me a sincere smile and rubs soft circles into my stomach.

I smile at Chris for that before I sit up and inch a little closer to Chris as I cup the back of his neck in my hand.

"You're going to be an amazing father to this baby and you already are to Riley" I say as I rub my thumb up and down Chris' neck.

Chris smiles at me as he turns a little to face me before he cups my face in his hands and plants a soft kiss to my lips. I kiss him back before I giggle a little after he broke the kiss and started to kiss me all over my face and a little bit on my neck.

He did that for a little bit until he stopped and pulled me into his side as he wrapped his arms around me and kissed the top of head. I hum in content at that as I rest my head onto his chest and wrap my arm around his lower torso and we stayed like this for a little, just enjoying the comfort before the both of us got up to make dinner after Riley came down and told us she was hungry.

We didn't mind though because we were starting to get hungry too.