Chapter Sixty One: Birthday

*Chris' P.O.V*

I slide out of bed, carefully and quietly so I don't wake Ariana. I slip on a shirt and give Ariana's forehead a soft kiss before walking out of our bedroom and down to Riley's.

Today is Ariana's birthday and I have something very special things planned for her. She's been having a rough couple weeks with her. Her pregnancy has been causing her to be woken up by horrible back and leg pains that last for a couple hours at most and hasn't been able to get a lot asleep from it either. We went to the doctors just to make sure it was nothing serious and thankfully it's not. The doctor said that since Ariana is nearing the end of her pregnancy it's going to be common for her to feel pain because her body is just getting ready for birth. We were both happy to know that nothing was wrong, but I don't think Ariana was happy to know that she's going to be in pain from time to time until the babies born. She didn't say anything though but I can tell because she's been way more hormonal than usual and tends to be getting easily ticked off by little mistakes made. Riley and I have tried our best to prevent stuff from happening but we didn't really succeeds and sort of make things a bit worse than already were. But hopefully what we do today will make up for that and I think it will because let's just say I have something special for Ariana.

I open the door to Riley's room as softly as I can and step into her room. A smile spreads across my lips as I see Riley still sound asleep as she has sort of crazy hair and is cuddling with East.

"Hi buddy" I scratch East behind his ear, making him wag his tail softly and lick my hand.

I give his belly a good scratch before sitting down next to Riley and giving her forehead a little kiss.

"Riley" I rub my hand up and down her back as I give her forehead another kiss.

She sters, but only to bury her face into her pillow and pull her blankets higher up.

"Oh you're just like your mother" I chuckle as I shake my head.

"Riley, munchkin...it's time to get up" I say as I lean down close to her ear as I rub my hand on her back again.

This time Riley groans as she moves around again but still doesn't fully get up.

"It's Mommy's birthday today and I need my little girls help surprising her on her special day" I say as I brush some of her hair out of her face.

Riley stirs once again but this time she rolls onto her back and gives me the cutest tired smile she has ever done.

"Mommy's birthday!" Riley cheers with a groggy voice as her arms fly up into the air.

"Mommy's birthday!" I mimic her making her smile as she sits up and gives me a hug. I kiss her forehead as I hug her back. "Ready to help me now?"

"Yep" Riley says with a big nod.

I smile as I pick her up and walk out of her room and to the kitchen with East following us of course. I sit Riley down on the island counter and walk over to the cabinets that have all the food in it.

"What should we make Mommy for her breakfast?" I ask.

"Uhhhhhhh....chocolate chip waffles! With eggs and bacon and fruit!" Riley shouts, but not that loud because she knows that Ariana is still asleep.

"Oh so you want to make Mommy a whole entire buffet uh?" I ask with a smile as I grab the waffle mix and chocolate since they were right in front of me.

"Yeah, her and sissy need it so they can both have full tummies" Riley says as she pats her own stomach.

I look over at Riley with a big smile and can't believe how sweet and cute she can be sometimes. I hope her sweetness doesn't change at all.