Chapter Fifty Two: Dad!

Chris and I both laugh as we watch Dad play with Riley and East. Dad is wrestling both Riley and East, but is doing a crappy job of trying to win because Riley is on his back and East is attacking his face with licks. It's all making Dad laugh and me and Chris smile at the sight.

We're over my Dad's house, just enjoying a nice day with him and had lunch together not too long ago. And now Chris and I are just chilling around as we're obviously watching Dad play with his granddaughter and East.

"Take it easy on him you two...grandpa's not as young as he use too" Chris says and as soon as he does East lets out a small bark before running over to Chris and hoping up next to him on the couch.

"Oh please, I can take you on with one hand behind my back son" Dad says with a playful smirk as he gets up on the ground with Riley attached to his back.

"Oh I don't doubt that for a second Micheal" Chris says with a smile.

Dad smiles at Chris as he helps Riley down off his back, who then immediately runs over to me and sits next to me.

"Did you have fun?" I ask/sort of whisper to Riley as I fix some of her hair.

Riley just smiles at me and nods her head as she rests into me.

"Anyone need something to drink? I'm suddenly feeling very thirsty" Dad says as he's breathing very hard all of a sudden and is holding onto his chest all of sudden.

I frown at that because even though he's well into his sixties, I've never seen him like that after playing with one or even all his grandchildren. He always looks fine, but right now he doesn't and it's worrying me okay.

"Are you okay Dad?" I ask as I get up off the couch and walk over to him.

"Yeah...I'm fine sweetheart...just feeling a little weird, but I'm sure I'm fine" Dad says with a reassuring smile, but it quickly disappears as his whole entire face goes blank and the color drains from his face before the next thing I know he goes falling right down to the ground.

"Dad!" I shout as I fall down right next my Dad and I can tell there's something not right with him because I'm trying to get him to wake up, but he's not showing any sign of waking up whatsoever.

"What's happening?" Chris says as he rushes over to me and kneels down on the other side of my Dad.

"I don't know he just feel to ground, but I don't think everything's alright with him Chris" I say as tears well up in my eyes as I look down at my Dad and feel a huge wave of worry splash over me.

"Hey, hey, hey...it's going to be okay Ariana, I'm going to call for help and they're going to help your dad and he's going to be just fine. I promise" Chris says as he reaches over, takes hold of both my arms and makes me look at him.

I look at Chris, very unsure as tears roll down my face. But I nod my head and give him a very, very faint smile.

Chris returns the smile and leans over and gives me a quick kiss before he rushes off to call for help. I stay by my Dads side as he does and just hope and pray that my Dad is going to be okay.

"Mommy?" Riley says very weakly and sounding very upset too.

I quickly turn around to face her and feel my heart ache after I see tears falling down her face as she looks extremely and utterly upset.

"Come here baby" I say as I scoot over to her and engulf her in my arms.

Riley buries her face into my chest and holds on tightly to me as she starts to cry. I pull her closer to him and rub my hand up and down her back.

"I don't want to lose Grandpa, Mommy" Riley cries into my chest and it just breaks my heart to hear her say that.

"We're not going to lose Grandpa, okay sweetheart. I promise you that. Daddy's calling to get Grandpa help and he's going to be just fine, okay" I say as cup her face in my hands and make her look up at me.

Riley looks at me with a tear streaked face and shaky lip. But she faintly smiles at me and nods her head before she buries herself back into my chest and holds onto me a little tighter. I just hold onto her too and comfort her as best as I can while I try my best to be strong right now and pray to god that my dad won't be taken away from me like my mom was.

Please, please, please god. Please don't take my Dad away too. Please don't take him away. He doesn't deserve to die right now. Not one bit and especially not like this. So please, please don't take him. Please.