Could

We both sat there on the couch, watching the soccer game late at night, the only thing separating us was the big tub of popcorn laying in the space between us.

"Oh! OH! They're about to score a goal!" I said as I jumped up from my comfortable position and sat upright against the edge of the couch.

Me and Eunri have been extremely tired lately and I'm not sure what it could be. The overtime hours at the diner perhaps? I don't know...

But in order to compensate for that, I made a date night thing where we just stay at home, watch TV, cover ourselves in blankets, and cuddle with each other.

Well, maybe I should've thought this more through. I'm not cuddling... I'm on the verge of smashing my TV if the team doesn't score a goal now.

Oops...

I turn to look back at the woman sitting next to me and see her also completely immersed in the game, occasionally picking out a handful of popcorn now and then.

I grinned... she's so focused right now, she probably has no idea I'm looking at her.

"Jungkook, I can see you from the corner of my eye... you might want to take a look at the game, they're about to score."

My eyes expanded.

"Wah! Jinjja?!" I exclaimed as I rapidly turned my head to look at the screen.

My mouth dropped. We were about to score.
The opposing team's defense was failing.

I clenched my fists. SCORE A GOAL!

"RUNNN!! RUNNNN!!!! COME ONN!! NE!!! NE!!!! THAT'S GOOD NOW... THAT'S GOOD!! NOW BRING IT HOME. RUNNN!!!! DON'T MAKE ME COME OVER THERE, ARRASEO?!?!"

I could hear Eunri laughing in the background.

It caused me to lift my cheeks and smile for myself.

My eyes widened.

Wait... this is really happening. The team is finally gonna make a comeback!!!

I saw many passes being made. Defense on the opposing team was starting to get tight...
Wait! There's an opening!

WAH! HE'S GOING FOR IT!!!!

He shoots...
And he doesn't score?

0_o

What. Just. Happened.

I sit back down on the couch. Apparently I stood up somewhere in my agressive cheer. I released the death grip I had in my hands from making a fist for so long. My knuckles look pretty white...
Oh gosh.

I looked back at the screen.
Oh! It's the replay. Lemme see...
Huh? Everything looks perfect! Shooting distance. No interferences. Clean. It should've been a goal!

Wait. Where's the ball aiming at?
It's not going to the left or right.
It's dead center...

My eyes widened as I saw the ball hit the goalie of the opposing team and bounce off his head. He wasn't expecting it either so it knocked him to the ground.

"PFF..."

I couldn't hold it in.

"PAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!"

I leaned back into the couch and started to laugh at the replays the screen showed.

"IT BOUNCED RIGHT OFF HIS HEAD!!!"

I placed a hand on my stomach in order to control my laughter.

"Woo~ Priceless!"

"That must've hurt..." I heard her say softly.