"Meeting

Is she okay?

She's been there for about six and a half hours already...

Yes... I'm keeping count.

"Jungkook."

I mean, I'm her husband! I should be granted some access to see my wife in this state shouldn't I?

"Oi, Jungkook."

This is inconceivable! Freaking hospital...
Where's the nurse? I need to see my wife right n-

"JUNGKOOK!"

My eyes widened as I finally took in my surroundings.

It took me a while to figure out where I was.

I'm in the hospital. That much I know.

Why am I in front of a wall?

I look around and caught sight of my in-laws sitting in chairs not too far from where I am. Both had concerned faces towards me.

He suddenly came up and approached me.
I still stood there with my eyes wide open as he stopped in front of me.

"Son, you were pacing back and forth for a while now. We kept calling out to you but you seemed like you were in your own bubble."

I finally stopped my wide eyed stare at the ground and looked at him properly, digesting every one of his words.

"We saw that you were speeding up and suddenly making your way to ram into the wall over there. We had to yell."

I closed my mouth that I didn't realize was slightly open, and began to calm down.

Okay.
I can actually start breathing normally now.

Everything shut down for a second there.

This is what I get for thinking about things I shouldn't think about.

What would Eunri want me to do?
She wouldn't want me to be the panic mess I am right now!

I need to be strong for her. Get my head straight.

If anything, the nurses will come bursting through that door if anything bad happens.

I let out a loud, exaggerated huff, enough to make me fully calm down.

"Mian. I didn't mean to worry you."

My voice cracked.
Seems like I hadn't spoken since we got here.
My voice was sore.
My throat was dry.

I'm still a mess.
Just not a moving one thanks to my father in law.

"Jungkook, honey, why don't you come and sit down? It'll make you calm down." soothed Mrs. Lee.

For the first time in a while, I took a conscious step forward and sat down in a chair next to her.
Mr. Lee followed.

I leaned back and crossed my arms.

You know?
They did a real nice knock down on the ceiling.
I love knock down... it's a nice indoor texture.

The grin that had started to form quickly diminshed as I thought about her.

I wonder how she's doing.
Is she hurting?
Is she by herself?
Does she need me?

I suddenly felt something connect with my right shoulder and I immediately looked towards the touch.

A hand.

Mrs. Lee offered the most sincere smile she could muster. She has the most peaceful eyes I've ever seen, and a smile that resembles Eunri's in a heartbeat.