p r o l o g u e

𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄—𝚏𝚛𝚘𝚜𝚝𝚋𝚒𝚝𝚎—

𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄
—𝚏𝚛𝚘𝚜𝚝𝚋𝚒𝚝𝚎—

      𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐖𝐀𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐃 in every state. The signs posted to every lamppost were hard not to see, especially when they were also posted on the police station entrance board. They were in every store, posted on every wall. He was known, and that's for sure. In the weekly paper, you would see the 'WANTED: DEAD OR ALIVE' sign. And oddly enough, the flyers had even come through the mailboxes every day.

Even on Sunday.

There was no picture of him, though. The only information they ever had of the boy was the amount of crimes he had committed. They had very little evidence that this boy existed. Yet they searched every knook and cranny of Westbrooke, Virginia to find him. The Sheriff, Mac Bridges, found himself tied up in the case. No one in Westbrooke would ever commit a crime, so why not blame it on someone who possibly didn't exist?

He was a legend, told by the children of the village at first. Then his name spreaded throughout the community, filling the ears of each and every citizen of Westbrooke. And in little to no time, the signs and posters went up.

Was he real? No one knew; the only thing he ever left behind was a cold day.

And just as the story went; as he ran from all who chased him, snow began to fall.

_______