s i x

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐈𝐗—𝚗𝚘𝚟𝚎𝚖𝚋𝚎𝚛 𝟷𝟸—

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐈𝐗
—𝚗𝚘𝚟𝚎𝚖𝚋𝚎𝚛 𝟷𝟸—

     𝐌𝐄𝐋𝐎𝐃𝐘 𝐒𝐌𝐈𝐋𝐄𝐃 𝐓𝐎 herself as she made her way out of the library, looking for Frost as she closed the door behind her. The boy was nowhere in sight, seeing as there were a few townspeople roaming the streets. Instead of doing anything obvious, like calling out for him, Melody disappeared into the nearby forest, keeping her eyes out for him.

"Frost?" She asks once she's far enough into the dense trees. "I found a book that could help you."

Moments later, the white-haired boy stepped out from behind some bushes. "I'm surprised, I didn't think we would have any luck with that."

"That doesn't mean it'll be easy," Melody sighs, running her fingers through her hair. "But I'm staying here to help."

"I don't expect you to," he chimes, not fazed as Jude perched himself on his shoulder, "because I know there are going to be risks. Are you sure you're down for it?"

"I won't back out now, I've already made it this far. And besides, who else would be your partner through it?" The girl gives him a soft smile, a giggle escaping her lips as Jude squawks.

"We better get going if we want to get this over with," Frost instructs, nodding up the mountain.

"Actually, we won't be going that way," Melody says. "There's a blacksmith in town that can help us with what we need. So put your hood up, and come with me."

"Do you honestly believe they'll let me in?" Frost raises an eyebrow. "Even with the hood up, my eyes are unusually blue, and everyone notices. I'll be reported the instant I step out."

"Then don't make eye contact," Melody tells him. "It's that simple. Do you really want me to go alone?"

The thought of it made Frost shiver, and he couldn't deny it in the least. He wouldn't allow her to go alone, that was asking too much. Frost didn't want her to go in the library alone, let alone a place crowded with men making weapons of war. So he decided to yank up the hood of his jacket, grabbing her elbow as he made his way into the open without another comment.

Upon arriving at the blacksmith's shop, Melody turned to give Frost an encouraging glance, then proceeds to shove past the large double doors of the entrance. The shop wasn't too big, but wasn't small either. And when the two stepped inside, a wave of warmth flooded over them, brought on by a hearth at the corner of the main room. A few looks were tossed their way as they continued inside, eyes searching for anyone that could help.

"How may I be of your assistance today?" An older man steps up to them, giving a slight smile.

"We're looking for a specific material," Melody says kindly. "Would you happen to know what a geminite crystal is?"