s e v e n

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍—𝚗𝚘𝚟𝚎𝚖𝚋𝚎𝚛 𝟷𝟸—

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍
—𝚗𝚘𝚟𝚎𝚖𝚋𝚎𝚛 𝟷𝟸—

     𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐍 𝐒𝐔𝐍𝐃𝐎𝐖𝐍 𝐅𝐈𝐍𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐘 came, Frost and Melody were exhausted to say the least. While waiting, they decided to tour the town that was in their summer season. But what was peculiar enough was that it was snowing outside, and most of the townspeople seemed either worried or confused about the sudden change in weather. Since Frost and his companion had arrived, snow had covered the ground, and the sun didn't shine as bright. They couldn't see the grass or asphalt beneath their feet as they walked through the town square.

Frost and Melody step back into the blacksmith's shop hours later, just as the sun begins to fall from the sky. The old man waits patiently for them, his elbows resting on the main counter as he overlooks the crystal necklace in his palm. Upon seeing the bright blue mineral shining against the fluorescence, the edges up her lips turn upwards into a smile. Frost lets out a breath of utter relief, stepping forward with Melody by his side.

"You're just on time," the old man comments, examining the two as they close the door and move towards him. "I was just about to close up the shop."

"I can't thank you enough for this," Melody murmers, holding out her hand for the man to place the necklace in her grasp. "No one else could've done what you did."

"It's my job to help people," he shrugs, removing the apron from his waist and hanging it up on the coat rack. "This was nothing. Now hop along, I need to shut everything down."

Melody gives him one more smile before turning and exiting the building. As Frost follows behind her, he grabs the girl's hand, before opening her fist to expose the crystal pendant and silver chain. Taking it into his own hand, he feels a warmth grow in his chest that was never there before. This girl— the one in front of him— had spent her coins on his cause, and completely risked her safety. And for that, he wasn't sure how he could repay her.

"What do we do now?" Melody asks once they make it to a bench, seating herself and proceeding to look at him expectantly.

"We have to go back to the mountain; to my home, where no one can find us." He replies, keeping the necklace in his hand as he takes a seat beside her. "There's a spell that can break the curse. I have it on a piece of paper, and you need to be the one to recite it."

"What happens then?" She hesitates, her voice getting caught in her throat.

"It'll be over," he murmers. "No more snow for Westbrooke, and everyone can be free of the winter. And you . . . you can go back to your friends and family and act like this never happened."