f o u r

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑—𝚗𝚘𝚟𝚎𝚖𝚋𝚎𝚛 𝟷𝟸—

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑
—𝚗𝚘𝚟𝚎𝚖𝚋𝚎𝚛 𝟷𝟸—

     𝐒𝐄𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐃𝐒 𝐏𝐀𝐒𝐒𝐄𝐃 𝐁𝐄𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐄 Melody spoke. She felt different, like she was in one of the movies her mother and father rarely watched. It was like she was deprived from one of her books— a tragedy, yet simplistic in a way. But this was different. She was scared.

"I don't believe it," she chokes out, staring at the boy she could no longer recognize as Mason. "You lied?"

"Only because I thought you wouldn't believe me," Frost sighs, allowing his hands to fall from hers, and back to his sides. "And I didn't lie. Mason is my name, but it just happens to be the last."

"But would it have hurt to tell me the truth?" She asks incredilously.

"Would you have believed me if I had?" He questions, raising an eyebrow at the girl. "Melody, I'm supposed to be a myth— a fairytale, even. How would you even begin to understand that I was real, and not just a figment of your imagination?"

"You planted the book," Melody gasps, taking a few steps back as she meets his icy eyes, "you were the one who gave it to me—"

"Please calm down," Frost pleads. "I told you I would tell you everything. But it'll be in good time, Mel."

"But how can I believe you now— when you've already lied to me?" Melody runs her fingers through her brown curls, shaking her head. "It hasn't even been twenty four hours yet, and you've already begun to lose my trust. I knew I shouldn't have done this."

"Hey," he says holding her shoulders so that she would stop pacing. "I know you have every reason to not trust me, but you should. I have the solution to end all of the snow in Westbrooke."

"What?" Melody asks softly, her arms dropping to her sides. "You can? How?"

"I'll tell you when we reach the top of the mountain, okay?" Frost glances over to Jude, his eyes expectant. "We need to make it soon, before dark. Lets go."

---

"Is this where you live?" Melody questions the boy next to her, glancing around the dark and dripping cave. "It must be lonely up here, being all by yourself."

"Not really," Frost shrugs to himself, Jude perched on his arm as he leads Melody through the dimly lit place he called home. "I prefer to be by myself. I'm like you, I guess. I stay away from people."

"How did you—? Nevermind that," she shakes her head, shrugging his information of her off. "Now what is it exactly that I'm here for?"

"Hold on," the boy murmers, stopping in his place.