t e n

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐄𝐍—𝚗𝚘𝚟𝚎𝚖𝚋𝚎𝚛 𝟷𝟹—

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐄𝐍
—𝚗𝚘𝚟𝚎𝚖𝚋𝚎𝚛 𝟷𝟹—

     𝐀𝐋𝐋 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐐𝐔𝐈𝐄𝐓 in the Mason household after Melody finished speaking. Jude didn't chirp, sleeping peacefully in the hood of Frost's blanket that rested on the brunette. The snow outside couldn't be heard over the crackling fire, or over Melody's heavy breathing. She could hardly believe what she had read, and simply didn't want to believe it in fear of the truth. Because no matter what the girl wanted, she couldn't stop fate.

"That's the trouble with everything good that comes along," Miri speaks smoothly, not surprised in the least at Melody's announcement. "They are never good for long and there's always a catch that destroys you. But possibly that catch can be for the better."

"How can it be better when I'm going to lose the only person that understands me?" Frost asks, weaving his fingers through his hair. "I was hoping that maybe there was a chance we could dodge this."

"You can only accept the cards that you are dealt, Frost." The woman says to her son.

"I'm not sure if I can do this," Frost shakes his head. "Mel, I can't lose you."

"But you'll have your life back," Melody argues. "Just this morning I was the one saying how you shouldn't do it, now look how the tables have turned. You know that everyone will be better off this way. You'll finally get the chance to start fresh."

"I should be doing that with you."

"There are more things at stake than us," Melody swallows back her pride. "There's something bigger here, and you know that we can't just ignore it. You know what we must do, Frost. For the good of Westbrooke."

"I think it's time that you children save Westbrooke," Miri stands, pulling her son to his feet and into her hands. "I'm so proud of you, Frost. Always remember that, my sweet boy."

"Mother, how am I supposed to do this?" He asks quietly. "I'm not sure if I can live without seeing her."

"No one said that you couldn't see her," she responds with a light chuckle. "Find a way to check up on her every now and then. But just know that sometimes the safest thing is to let her go."

With one last kiss to his mother's forehead, Frost steps to the door. Miri pulls Melody into a quick hug. "Good luck out there, dear. I know, somehow, someday, you'll find your way back to him."

"Thank you for your kindness," Melody holds her tight. "I hope to see you again, Miri Mason."

"And I, you."

---

Making their way to the top of the Snow Peak Mountains was easier said than done, and Melody had an even harder time due to the continuing snow. Frost tried to get her there quicker, but couldn't be of much help as he'd wanted to. Then again, he didn't want to go too quick. Frost wanted as much time with her as possible.