n i n e

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄—𝚗𝚘𝚟𝚎𝚖𝚋𝚎𝚛 𝟷𝟹—

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄
—𝚗𝚘𝚟𝚎𝚖𝚋𝚎𝚛 𝟷𝟹—

     𝐌𝐄𝐋𝐎𝐃𝐘 𝐅𝐄𝐋𝐓 𝐀 wave of butterflies enter her stomach when Frost had placed his lips upon hers, and sent her mind into a frenzy. Within seconds, her hands had moved to cup his face, and Frost's grip had moved to her waist, forever pulling her closer to his chest. But this sensation ripping through them and coursing through every ounce of their existence wouldn't last a lifetime. Soon enough, Melody would be yanked from Frost and she would never remember anything that had happened here.

But for now, he would enjoy the fire that flamed in his chest and forced him to pull her closer. He would pretend that this would last forever, and that he would get to wake up every day and listen to her thousands of questions. That he would be able to get lost in her eyes anytime he wanted to, or would be able to kiss her like this. Despite ignoring the feelings that had built up inside of him, Frost was glad that he had finally told her the truth about how he felt for her. At least now he wouldn't have to worry about not having the chance to spill his thoughts.

Melody pulls away from the kiss to catch her breath, laying her forehead on his. She places her thumb lightly over his lips, finding that they were unusually warm. That was different; he was always cold.

"Your touch gives me warmth," Frost surprises her non-spoken question with an answer. "I've never understood it, my mother's touch didn't do the same. Then again, maybe it was just you that I was missing."

The girl chuckles at him, shaking her head as she wraps her arms around his neck and pulls him into a tight embrace. "Maybe that book will give us some information we needed. And perhaps it'll tell us that I, of all people, will be able to remember."

Past the smile that Frost gives her, he knew that things would never work in his favor that way. The spell would have no exceptions, especially when it came to Melody's liking to him, and his to her. Magic spared no one, and would continue as it always had. But instead of breaking her heart all over again, Frost would hope for the best, too. He wouldn't ruin this.

"Maybe," he says, looking up to the tree that Jude chirps from. "But for now, lets focus on getting there, okay? We're still short on time."

"Sadly, I've come to realize that," Melody says with a sigh, placing her hand in his. "We should probably get going then. Come on, Jude."

When walking for only a few minutes longer, the teens found themselves struggling to get through the snow on the ground. The blizzard of Westbrooke was near, they could tell. The snowflakes grew heavier by the second, melting against the warmth of Melody's face, but simply sliding off of the cool surface of Frost's. Jude eventually gives up on flying through its harshness, giving up to rest in the hood of Frost's hoodie.