Uncertainty Part 2

Candy's Pov

Started 4-5-17

I wake up to the soft movement of air and the ceiling fan spinning above me. I grown at the thought of another day at school as it passes my mind. Not because I disliked school but because I found it boring. My mother was always active in my schooling, making sure that I understood the material and was able to complete the work. To the point where I was technically at a higher grade level, though I never spoke up about it. I guess I was afraid to, seeing as I was made fun of in school for almost everything from being to short to having an accent. I found it odd myself to think that one could be made fun of for being smart, however from my experience with everything else I thought "Why wouldn't they use that as an excuse to put me down".

I get up from my bed and get dressed. Looking in the mirror I curse puberty for not kicking in and doing its job. I'm getting tired of being the cute, quirky but awkward girl that people knew me as. I wanted to grow into myself and become the girl that boys would want to go out with. I'm going to be just another girl in the sea of awkward freshman. Times like this that I really wish Mabel was still around. She is so confident and expressive, Grenda is similar but I think that she can be a little much. I want to be more like Mabel, I'm still a little shy but she did help me break out a little. I was able to talk to Dipper about how I felt. I'm hoping that high school will be a different story, that I can make more friends and maybe meet some boys.