Chapter 4 ◇◇ Pieces of Me: Part 1

Chapter 4 "Pieces of Me: Part 1"

Dev's POV

"I am a canvas of my experiences, my story is etched in lines and shading, symbolic to my pain and suffering as well as recovery"

An outer body experience: a vivid feeling of being detached from one's body.

That's what was occurring to me and I sat inside of Chance's Audi quietly looking out the window watching as miles of open road passed by amongst us going in the opposite direction of the city.

Strangely I wasn't scared or shook up though I should be. I was sitting in car with someone I barely even know allowing him to take me God knows where.

All my trust was thrust upon a man, something I said I was never going to allow to happen again. Yet here I was allowing this man to get to me, slowly but surely drawing me into him no matter how hard I wanna fight this I can't seem to.

He takes my breath away with mere glances in my direction, sets my skin ablaze with simple subtle touches.

The man hasn't even kissed me yet and I've already smitten with his presence. He's found a way to get through to me even while my mind is screaming run the other way you know how this ends. "He's no good, all niggas are the same! You can't afford to get hurt again when you barely managed to pick up the pieces last time." my conscience is urging me but my body and heart aren't listening.

It's something to him, a connection I can't decipher as if he's where I'm supposed to be.

"You like what you see ma?" hearing his deep voice snapped me back into reality making me realize I was no longer gazing out the window but staring at him.

"Where are you taking me?" we had to be riding for about 1 hour.

"You safe baby girl, you always safe with me. Relax aight, we almost there." He turned his attention off of the road for only a second locking eyes to assure me, placing the palm of his hand softly against my thigh.

From the shock of electricity that ran through me you would think we at least were skin to skin but my jeans were in the way for that.

How tf does he do that? Mental note: Dev, get some so your hormones can calm down.

We settled back into a comfortable silence, riding wherever we were going before we pulled up to this big black gate looking like it belonged attached to a palace.

He rolled the window down, put in some code, the gate opened and we pulled in.

He got out, jogged over to open my door for me.

"You brought me to your house? How you know I'm not a hitta assigned to off you?" I smirked as he grabbed my hand leading me in the direction of the house.

"Angel, I'm not worried. You can't off me on your best day even with that blade tucked under ya tongue" He shook his head as though me gunning for him was impossible.

"How did you kno---"

"I'm Chance, ma. I can spot a blade or glock easily, plus you don't conceal your weapons good enough for a nigga like me to not notice that shit. Papi will teach you how though mami and some other things, I'm sure you'll be cumming back ." He looked back at me while unlocking the door putting emphasis on the word cum, winking at me.

Nasty ass.

We stepped into the house and to say I was amazed was understatement.

A spiral staircase, high ceiling armored with beautiful glass chandeliers, clear window walls. A bachelor pad nonetheless but a beautiful one. I wonder how many girls he's brought in here.