Chapter 20 ◇◇ He Don't Love You Like I Do

Chapter 20- He don't love you like I love you

Dev's POV

The night was just beginning to set in and the club was already packed out and bustling with money thanks to all the flashy niggas who cared more about how much money people thought they had opposed to actually spending their cash wisely but that wasn't my concern or job to tell them otherwise.

I was downstairs tonight running around trying to make sure everything was going good because Dani wasn't here tonight. Jace happened to get sick and my god baby needed his momma so I was flying solo.

Tonight seemed different than any other night though, I had this eerily feeling around me ever since this morning and I didn't like it.

I felt like call me paranoid and shit but I've come to notice signs of change as a warning of something is wrong or about to go wrong.

"You know angel, it never fails to turn me on when I see you handling ya business like a boss." Chance's arms came around my waist as his lips were right against my ear as he whispered into it. I knew it was him because no nigga was stupid enough to run up on me like that especially since he's made it so clear to all these niggas who come in here that I was his and only his.

"Hold ya horses, I'm working. No touching" I smiled shrugging away from his embrace before turning around to face him waving my finger disapprovingly

"Shit that's a rule I can't and won't follow" he smiled pulling my body back in a close vicinity of his and placing his hands on my ass getting in a nice squeeze before he released me.

"I'm tryna see what you gone run me for a private room upstairs?" he asked directly no holds barred which kind of threw me off.

"Excuse you?" I asked when gathered my thoughts back raising an eyebrow distinctly clearly taking offense to what he just said.

"Chill I'm not tryna hook up with no bitch." he laughed heartily noticing the vicious mug on my face. "I got some business best handled in private, so I need a room."

"Whatever, you can just go up and let me know which one you're using, they all are free now." I ran my hands through my hair lightly.

"Aight" he nodded but didn't make any attempt to move away from me. We stood there looking at each other and for a minute everything stopped, we weren't in a room full of people smoking and drinking it was just us.

"You needed something else?" I asked breaking my eye contact with him slightly looking past him to fine something else to focus on.

"Yea" he nodded "What's wrong with you?" he asked ignoring my question tilting my chin upward making me have to look at him

"Nothing, I'm just not feeling too well" I spoke softly running my hand through my hair frantically as I lied through my teeth

"Angel" he licked his lips stepping so close I had to angle my head up hardly to look into his penetrating eyes I knew were turning a darker shade of green even if in darkness of the club "mi dulce, mi amor after all we've been through baby girl and after this morning I feel like this hiding shit is over rated, feel me? I know when you lying just like I knew you loved me way before you said it. Imma ask you one more time, what's wrong with you?" and there was that tone I knew not to fuck with

"This morning when I left.." just as I was about to recount the events of this morning I was interrupted and definitely by the wrong person.

"Devie" my eyes followed Rashad's path as he approached us but it was almost as if he didn't see Chance or the close vicinity we were standing at