Chapter 22 ◇◇ Traumatized

Chapter 22-  Traumatized

Chance's POV

I walked into the kitchen standing back leaning against the door frame watching her as she busied herself into her dulget work in the kitchen tending to every pot and pan  being so focused that even my presence was gone unkown just like the same as anyday but today was special.

She was dressed in nothing special, basic house wear, apron tied tightly around her waist, beautiful long curly wavy jet black hair pulled effortlessly into a ponytail in the middle of her head though pieces always found their way free of restraint falling to perfectly frame her face like I always remember.. but something was missing.

"You finally figured it out mi hijo... I've been waiting for you to come to see me." She looked up smiling brightly warming my heart with the comfort and admiration of a mother's love as her eyes light up almost sparkling... in actuality she looked like she glowing. She always had a nature ora of radiance about  her almost like the goddess I thought she was but this one was different.

"Mamá..." I stated flabbergasted wanting to pinch myself to see if this was real but part of me is screaming not to take my eyes off of her because she's been gone too long.. far too long and I missed her sorely. "How is this possible??? You're.." I couldn't bring myself to say it "And I'm..."

She laughed letting out the sound the little thirteen boy inside of has been dying to hear nine long endless years. "Ven abrace a su niño la madre, se le ha olvidado cómo me saludan? (Come hug your mother boy, you've forgotten how to greet me?)" she beckoned for me to come to her snapping me out of my frozen state.

"Lo sentimos mama (Sorry mama)" without caution my feet hurriedly took me to her, where she instantly brought her short arms around her torso hugging me tight as she could before standing on her toes to kiss my cheeks wiping away the tears I didn't even know were flowing.

"It's okay mi hijo... I missed you too" she released me but not neglecting contact holding my hands in hers comfortly while her smile dimmed at bit as her eyes were clouded by sadness "You look just like your father Hayden. My sweet little boy has grown up right from under me."

I squeezed her hand in mine softly still trying to figure out how and why I can feel her touch.. see her.. smell the sweet scent of her signature perfume I haven't smelled since she left me "Madre, ¿cómo es esto possible?? ( Mother how is this possible?)"

She smiled sweetly and softly and as she did I could see the slight wrinkles find their way in the corners of her eyes but she was still beautiful as the sky after the passing of a storm. "El amor a mi hijo (Love my son) .. Love Hayden it makes anything possible. Love overpowers anything and everything, it make dreams become reality and you baby boy have found true love."

She cupped my cheek " Devyn is her name isn't?"

"No mama, her name's Angel" I smiled

"Still the little charmer I see?? Only difference is you've traded the cute chubby cheeks in for strong jawline that your father has" she blinked rapidly "had" her voice softened as she removed her hand from my face.

"Mamá no quiero hablar de papá en este momento (Mama I don't wanna talk about dad right now)"

"He's still your father Hayden" her voice changed from loving to the stern voice she scolded me with as a child "You'll do good to remember, he's just as much part of you as I am. Possibly more.. you're more like him than you think."