Moondancer Missing!

3 weeks later...

Luna and Eclipse's pups soon began learning to walk, after 3 weeks they could walk Luna and Eclipse had to be careful that the pups stay near the den or they might get lost, or worse...hunted. Moondancer was always wandering away from the den, he was a very adventurous pup. However Nova, one of their daughters, would never leave her mothers side. Galaxy was a daddy's boy but also loved to tumble around with Pandora. Pandora was always playing with her siblings but was still quite cautious. Most days now Luna and Eclipse would take turns looking after the pups and hunting. Whoever was looking after the pups had to make sure they stay near the den, make sure none of the pups get lost or hurt and lots more. Whoever was hunting practically only had to hunt for 3 since the pups still don't eat much, but the hunter or huntress still had to also fill their stomachs with as much food as possible and regurgitate it up for the pups. The pups could now eat chewed meat instead of their mothers milk.
As the pups grew they began to stalk mouses and try to kill them, this is always going to be a pups natural instinct though.
Later that evening Luna went to sleep as usual and all of her pups snuggled up to her as she breathed Eclipse's breath. After that she fell into a deep dreamless sleep, but when she woke and looked down at her pups like any morning...Moondancer was missing.
Luna immediately looked for Eclipse but he was still asleep, Luna woke him up and told him the news, Eclipse quickly set off on a patrol to find him but had no luck. Luna mourned for the whole day thinking her pup was either dead or was sitting out in the woods lost somewhere waiting for food to come and not knowing that it would never come...Eclipse spent the whole night patrolling the area and howling to try and get a response...this was no use since Moondancer had never learnt how to howl or even to understand a howl. Eclipse hunted a few rabbits for the remaining pups. After he fed them he began to panicked that Moondancer was still alive and lost so went on yet another patrol hoping to find his son.

 After he fed them he began to panicked that Moondancer was still alive and lost so went on yet another patrol hoping to find his son