Act 5: Plan

(Papyrus POV)

I didn't have to search for too long before I found him.

There was something different this time, he seemed less self-aware. I decided to hide behind a tree and quietly observed him as I thought up a plan.

I noticed that 'Sans' was whimpering. I wanted so much to run up to him and hug him, but Undyne told me that he was terrifying people.

I have to stay clear of anything dangerous.

I began to slowly creep out from behind the tree, keeping my entire focus on him.

Sans didn't even as much as stir, I presumed he was too occupied with his whimpering.

I was now around 10 feet away from Sans, so I decided to talk with him. "Sans," I began, "brother, I have come to save you."

The beast's whimpering softened to a low smooth rumble. "GRRrrrrrrr," was 'Sans' response as he slowly turned his head towards me.

Unlike when he first transformed, his eyes where now small circle dots.

"Sans, do you recognize me?" I started to approach him, but quickly stopped as I realized he was beginning to stand up.

He turned completely around and walked towards me. Sans's slow forced walk left the ground slightly shaken with each step.

He collapsed to the ground just inches in front of me, the sound of bones clattering together filled the air.

"pa...pa....Pa...PA," Sans began to try and speak, "PA...PAPYRUSSSsss." "Oh, Sans," I sighed with relief, as I hugged his skull in my arms, "I knew I would get you back."

I sat on my knees, cradling Sans's skull in my arms.

As I rubbed his skull around the brow ridge area, I said to him, "Sans, I am going to help you. Do not worry, I will save you. I promise."

I sat there with Sans for a couple of hours, neglecting the fact that Undyne will be on her way before too long.

My phone once again rang, Undyne's number, again. "Sans," I told him cautiously, "you need to be very quite. Undyne is calling. She might be after you." Sans's large eye sockets widened with slight fear.

I answered the phone.

Papyrus: Hello Undyne. Did you finish your paperwork?

Undyne: Oh hey Paps. Um..oh ya, the paperwork, yes I did finish.

Papyrus: The are you on your way?

(Papyrus glances at Sans, then quickly stares at the falling snow)

Undyne: Why I'm almost out the door. Just wanted to check in on you. So.....did you find it?

Papyrus:..........um....w-well.....YES. Yes I did find h..........it.

(Sweat begins to pour down Papyrus's now flustered face. He glares nervously at Sans, who still remains silent)

Undyne: You seem a little unsure Paps, but don't worry I'm on my way to Snowdin right now.

I should be at your house within 45 minutes. So you should meet me there, okay.

Papyrus: Y-yes Undyne, I will head over there now.

Undyne: Well that's good. See you then, bye.

(click)

"Oh no," I moaned to myself, "what am I going to do now?" I walked back over to Sans, as pondered what I would do.

My captain wants to hunt down my brother, and my brother is now some beast thing. Why do things always become so difficult with Sans.

"Okay Sans I have a plan," I began to tell Sans my plan, "I need you to stay here while I go meet up with Undyne. I won't be able to stop her from coming for you. So if she comes near you try to get to the house, that is where I will be. Stay safe, okay brother."

I hugged Sans's skull and headed towards Snowdin. I immediately started to get worried about Sans.

What if Undyne did get to him? What if Sans hurts her? What if I never seen Sans normal again?

All these questions flowing through my skull caused me to tear up. "No," I calmed myself while wiping away a tear, "I can not get caught up with 'what ifs', right now I just have to stay confident in Sans and hope that Undyne does not get to him."

When I finally reached my house, Undyne was already there.

She was impatiently stopping her foot, while looking down at her phone, slightly angry.

She looked up at me with a sigh of relief. "Papyrus you big nerd," she shouted at and gave me a big hug, "I was so worried that you got hurt, or lost. That beast could've hurt you.

Okay. Now that I know you're safe, I'm going into the woods. I'm gonna find that thing and show it what the captain of the Royal Guard is really made of. NGAHHHHH!!"

She sprinted towards the woods, pumping her fist into the air.

"Please do not hurt him Undyne," I softly whispered to myself as I went inside the house, "promise me that, please."

____________________________________

((If you enjoyed this post, please consider leaving a vote))