o n e

Kiara's pov

Everything was perfect.

Humans kept evolving, creating technologies to further ease their lives.

They were at their peak.

When the world rejoiced for another triumph of humans they never expected that, that would be their last.

A pandemic shook the world after years of peace.

Due to the constant thirst for knowledge and power, they accidentally unleashed something that erased nearly all life in their planet.

Zombies.

No one ever thought that the monster that they have seen multiple times behind their screen would become a reality.

Ever since the outbreak, the human population continued to decrease each day.

One after the other.

A new creature has now ruled the lands that once was inhabitated by the people.

A creature that was made by humans themselves.

The bloodshed never stopped. The fear continued to spread all across the globe.

And by the end of the year, only few of the human race have survived.

Many have went underground or have secured a piece of land, that only they could access.

The governments all around the globe have continued their resistance against the abominable force and built safe haven's for the people.

It had continued to spread.

The ideal of these monsters were cannibals that have lost their humanities.

We've been taught that once you're bitten, you will become one of those monsters.

Your turn will depend on how big the bite is and how near it is to your brain.

I've waited for myself to turn as I felt my neck being attacked but when I woke up.

I still have complete control over my mind and actions.

I was scared

I was bitten but still has my humanity intact.

And that is one of the reasons why I survived this pandemic.

I walked aimlessly in the streets of South Korea.

The streets were empty.

Eerily silent with only the gush of wind interfering with the leaves that have scattered across the streets.

It was a mess.

Stores that once was filled with people are now abandoned with their glasses broken and shelves empty.

A sigh left my lips as I continued to walk.

I have no thirst for blood nor the flesh of humans.

It was one of the perks of still having my humanity. The zombies don't attack me either unless I provoke them.

They see me as one of them. Too bad I don't.

It has been a couple of months since I last saw a human.

And it was when his flesh was being ripped from his body.

These suckers, have even become more aggressive when it comes to eating since the availability of humans have started to decrease, leaving them hungry.