n i n e t e e n

Taehyung's pov

I glanced briefly at Namjoon as we fall in line on the main hall of the haven. He caught my eye and nodded curtly before facing up front. We already told the girls about our plan and we are about to put the plan on action.

We all stuck close to each other as we waited for the announcement. A few minutes later a tall, lanky man stepped up on the stage, his tired eyes scanning the room.

He cleared his throat, the sound echoing through the speakers. All the chatters stopped as all of the attention went to him. He smiled, not reaching his eyes before opening his mouth to speak.

"A pleasant evening to each and one of you. The reason why we assembled all of the people is because of the intent to give welcome to our new comers" His voice was strong despite his figure.

The rest clapped their hands in unison. I took that opportunity to scan the crowd and noticed how their clothes matched. A white shirt with a strange logo on it and black pants.

I looked on our side and saw that it was only us who were different.

we were the only one who made it

That realization dawned upon me, making my eyes widen. The others did too as they noticed it. All of the eyes were on us, scrutinizing our every movement. They all had that sickly smile on them that made me shudder on the spot.

The man up front cleared his throat again making us sigh in relief as their focus went back to him.

"We have gained twelve new brothers and sisters, and to further welcome our new comers, we will have our Head Scientist Mr. Jung for a welcoming speech"

The people clapped their hands loudly as a man in a lab coat came into view with soldiers trailing behind him.

We all tensed as he stood in front of the mic, a huge smile plastered in his face. He looked over at our small group and smiled, "What a wonderful sight"

I clenched my jaw as he observed all of us, "Twelve more people are added to our family, isn't that great?" A loud chorus of yes's echoed inside the room.

"Why do they only say twelve? We're thirteen, including Kiara" Jimin whispered to us, his eyes never leaving the man.

Before we could even reply, his booming voice echoed loudly through the speaker causing us to wince.

"I am thrilled to welcome you all to our precious haven. Here you no longer have to fear. Here you are free!" The people cheered again

"He's fucking crazy" Yoongi mumbled

"And I must say thank you to those twelve for bringing the best gift that they could ever give to this haven"

We all became alert, "They gave us another Leila my friends!" The crowd went wild as he said that

I clenched my fists as I watched how ecstatic the people are. They all looked at him as if he was a saint. The girls clenched their fists as they glared at the man.

Mr Jung laughed, "I know you're all beyond happy but please quiet down,"

The people obeyed him like a puppy. Whilst the twelve of us looked at him in disgust.

"So as you all know, Leila killed herself."

The girls tensed at his words, "She was selfish and didn't want to help humanity"

The people broke into angry yells, insulting Leila. Mina bit her lip as she tried to stop herself from yelling at them. Hara had her fists clenched tight, her nails digging into her palm.

The angry retorts were thrown here and there before he silenced them again,

"I know you're all angry but now our hope is restored. Those twelve mighty people brought back another woman who's like Leila! Give them a round of applause!"

They all applauded. We ignored them and glared daggers at the man. He has that satisfactory grin in his face that I just want to punch.

"We are now resuming what we left behind and let me tell you that this time—we will make a cure. I promise you that" The crowd applauded him once more.

"So please, welcome our new comers with all of your heart because they-"

He locked eyes with me, smiling smugly as the crowds cheer echoed.

"Brought her here"