s i x t e e n

Kiara's pov

I held my breath as they finally emerged with guns pointed at us. I quickly looked down to hide my eyes. They're twenty of them in total.

I cursed underneath my breath, my plan failing. They were not supposed to see me. My plan was to flee before we even reach the border.

I could feel everyone tense under their heated gazes. They stopped in front of us, guns still aiming at our heads. The soldier in charge took one step more than the others, a device in his hand.

"Is any one of you bitten?" His deep voice, rumbled.

Namjoon stood straight, "No, sir"

The soldier hummed, "Where are you from?"

"We're from Seoul, sir" Namjoon replied again, his voice never wavering

The soldier observed each and one of us before going to Hareum who was on the left. He positioned the device in front of her face before it scanned her. After a few minutes the device popped up a hologram of her result. Negative.

He then went to Yoongi who was beside her and repeated the process. I squeezed, Taehyung's hand.

I could feel him tensing. The soldier was coming nearer to me, making me hold my breath once more.

I closed my eyes and suddenly felt light headed. I sensed the soldiers presence in front of Taehyung. He scanned his face and once again, it showed negative.

He stopped in front of me, his figure towering over my slumped form, "Look up" He demanded

I tensed furthermore, "Sir—"

"Look Up" He repeated, his tone harsh

I could feel Namjoon step in, "Sir, our friend has a condition"

I could feel the soldier's annoyance, "What's the relevance of her condition to the situation?"

Namjoon bit his lip in hesitance, "She's different, sir"

The soldier eyed Namjoon, "So what? Get to the point young man, you're testing my patience" He snapped

"She's bitten but still has her humanity intact" Taehyung interjected, his hand squeezing mine, tighter.

The sounds of the guns pointing at me made me stiffen. I could feel the soldier's heated gaze.

"Look at me" His feel voice sent shivers done my spine.

"Sir she's—"

A rough hand gripped my chin and made me look up. My eyes widening in shock.

"Impossible" He whispered

"Sir, she's not one of them. She is a kind woman and she's not a cannibal. We wish for you to be considerate and let her come with us" Namjoon explained

The soldier went quiet, "I thought she was the only one" All of the girls froze

The soldier then let out a small laugh, then a chuckle, then he was full in laughing, "I can't believe this!" His eyes, showed joy