Rape Culture

with in the Black Community ,

  Now I'm on this whole little high right now, completely ignoring the racist outside of the community because it's apparent that the ignant' fools with in our community are apparently still prospering and I can't stand by and watch us look like an unorganized mess who'll also being humiliated in all other sides of the fence. Only a fool wouldn't check their skin-folk.

Just like we expect other white people to be decent human beings and check their people I'm going to be a decent human and check our people. *pulls cat out of bag* see?

  So , of course if you haven't heard by now apparently Kodak was in recent twitter news of course because 1) he was apparently arrested and 2) apparently he has a name lover.

Now usually I wouldn't care about him, his people, who he like, where he went....but something sparked my interest....the reposes he was getting form other black men when they "found out" that he may have a male lover.

Y'all got the nerve to be maaaad that Kodak may like men, and that he may be gay. But argued people down to the ground about him biting, raping, and hitting on women. CMONNNNN son, tell it like it is. You hate women and gay people and you'll do anything to uphold a coon who can rape on a beat.

It's really that simple. Rape culture in our community is telling preteens to put on longer shorts because "your dads friends are over here" , rape culture is young girls developing a bit early and getting boobs, and hips and grown men harassing you when your just being a teen and minding your business. Rape culture is YOU telling A MAN your exact age and him PRESSING you and calling you a liar. Rape culture is people speculating about the status of your vagina and how you must not be a virgin (bc oh yeah you can really tell by looking at someone) bc you're over developed in a 14 year old body.

I've had people on twitter argue me down, curse me out get maaaad when I didn't agree with their disgusting rhetoric. I'm all of sudden not "pro black" and I'm "against the black man" when I call out the horrible parts of our culture that people so bad want to act like don't exist. This is what we get because we don't read a damn thing. It's like picking up a book is hard for people to do.

The first time I got a rude awakening about rape culture and men was when I first watched this movie called "Lady Sings The Blues"  it stars Diana Ross, and it's about Singer Billie Holiday. I also got my first taste of what it was like to be black, mentally ill, an addict and to be ostracized. Really good watch, it's on YouTube. I do recommend it.

It's not okay to constantly uphold certain ideals about women, Black women at that. Something else I'd like to recommend is a book called "Coming of Age in Mississippi" I read that in 10th grade, I brought it from a book store on a whim and to say the least it's a good read. It touches in so much, from abuse from family members, to colorism, and of course racism. It's a really good book, something to think about.

I still can't believe people more mad at Kodak for allegedly being gay than they are with him raping women. Like what? Are we ok? What's going on.....not healthy.
  ...

Comment , leave thoughts, if you have any book suggestions for me or fellow readers please leave them below I love to read new things and to get educated at that same time. It's a win win, if anyone has any film suggestions on topics such as these or non related please leave them below -- they don't have to be about black characters, preferably people of color or what ever you can think of.

Excuse all typos

  Xoxo Ken