Dinner and Inventions

AN: And the winner of the contest on which weapon the Fenton's are making is Drumroll Please...........Marisa@friking-awsom-kitten! Let me know what you want to happen in the short story. Can even be a crossover between topics. The rest of you don't worry. I'll have more competitions. Please comment and feel free to critique. Love to hear from you guys!

              If the day had been a disaster than dinner with Vlad would be a nightmare. "Danny, would you come down and help me set the table?" Maddie called from downstairs in the kitchen. "Coming mom." The teen begrudgingly treaded down the stairs as to not upset her. "Alright could you fix those dishes on the table sweetie." Danny did the task halfheartedly. He was still wondering what Vlad was up to. "Mom, why did you guys agree to partner with Vlad for whatever this invention is?" Maddie sighed. "I didn't like it, but Vlad does have money. Sometimes that's just how business works. In order to make a product you have to team up with people you don't like. Just try to be nice, okay. Vlad means the world to your dad." Danny glanced at his scatter-brained, but lovable dad. "Did somebody say Vlad? Ah I can't wait to see him. With him being mayor and all he doesn't have the time to stop by. Our Packers are playing tonight! We should watch the game! Ah it will be just like old times. Popcorn, calling fouls, and backwash!" The orange clad man then looked away lost in memories. AN: The Backwash incident? Maternal Instincts Reference Anyone?

 AN: The Backwash incident? Maternal Instincts Reference Anyone?

      Maddie gave a tight smile as she looked at Jack. She then glanced at Danny who gave his father a worried look. "When are we going to tell him?" The boy whispered. "I don't know Danny. I really don't want to hurt your father." Neither had the heart to tell the man that the person he believed to be his best friend hated him. Jazz then entered the kitchen with her nose in a book, as per usual. "Jazzerincess! Studying about that smart brainy stuff I see." Jazz looked up from her book. "It's Psychology dad." Jack brushed it off. It was at that moment the doorbell rang. 'Dinner with my arch enemy...' Danny thought bitterly. 'My life could be a TV show with all the things I go through.'

       "Daniel, Jazmine, and Maddie

       "Daniel, Jazmine, and Maddie." Vlad greeted as Danny opened the door, intentionally leaving a certain someone out. "Vladdie!" Jack cried as he squeezed the smaller man in a bone crunching hug. "Jack let go!" Vlad wheezed. The large sized man let go. "Sorry Vladdie, may have been a little too rough there. Anyways how are you doing?" The billionaire pinched the bridge of his nose. "Fine Jack. Now let's get down to business." (Author's thoughts: To defeat the Huns!!! Sorry, couldn't resist!) Jack,Maddie, and Vlad sat on the couch. Meanwhile Danny just wanted to escape. Then again he had to keep an eye on Vlad to keep him from either hitting on his mom, or destroying his dad. "My boy, why don't you go upstairs and play video games, hmmm. Let the adults talk." 'No can do Vlad.' His mind was made. He would not leave Vlad alone with his parents. "Actually mom,dad, can I stay and listen? I really want to learn more about ghosts and your weapons." Jack beamed at his son showing interest in their profession for once, having an actual tear in his eye. "That's my boy." Maddie smiled. "Of course sweetie." Neither realized Danny's real reasons. "Jazzypants, do you want to stay?" Jack asked his daughter. "I'm fine dad, really." Danny knew Jazz had gotten more into ghost-fighting recently, more because of him. It didn't mean she liked to listen to her parent's constant babble about it. "Hey Vlad, are you hungry?" Danny asked innocently with a gleam of mischief. "I think I'm fine Daniel." The billionaire answered curtly. "Are you sure? Come on Mr. Masters! Your our guest." Vlad sighed. "Okay fine." Danny chuckled as he made his way to the kitchen and got a bowl. "Fruit loops for the fruit loop." The boy muttered under his breath. He then made his way back to the living room. "Here Mr. Masters." Danny set the bowl in front of him. Vlad just glared as he saw what was set before him. 

 AN: Still not mine and belongs to s0alaina on Deviant Art , but it is awesome!

       The three spoke about things that for the most part flew over the teen's head. 'If Jazz was here she would understand.' The teen thought. 'What's Vlad's game?' The man had been amicable for the most part, even toward his dad. He still saw through the man and noticed his frustration at Jack, but that was about it. It was more frustrating than having to stop Vlad's plans. Lately the older halfa had been getting sloppy and careless with his schemes and was easily beaten by Danny. The infi-map incident came to his mind. His thoughts were brought back to the conversation by the mention of his alter ego by his mom. "It's very strange. It's as if the ghost boy is aging. I wonder if it's due to power level increase in his core, or it could have something to do with a changing obsession." "Obsession?" Danny questioned curious. "All ghosts have an obsession Danny boy. Take that shorty ghost for instance. His powers are over boxes." "It's the box ghost." Danny stated dryly. Maddie then cut in. "Not all ghost obsessions are so easily identifiable. Take Phantom for instance. He has no themes to his powers." "Does he have to have an obsession?" The question bothered Danny. He hadn't known it was a possibility that he could have an obsession. " All ghosts do, though Phantom is different than most ghosts we have encountered. In order to find out we would need to capture him and study his brainwaves." Danny shuddered at the thought. 'And rip me apart molecule by molecule.' The boy thought bitterly. Then again they didn't know. If he did tell them he knew they would accept him. He had seen it twice now. The only reason he hadn't told them yet was because he wanted them to accept Danny Phantom first. If he told them before then it would only be because he was their son. He wanted their trust first. It would make the revelation much easier. 

             "Mom haven't you seen the good Phantom has done? He stopped Pariah after all didn't he?" Maddie considered this. "He did, though I still wouldn't put him as a hero. All ghosts are the same." Danny looked down dijectedly. 'Stop it Fenton. She doesn't know it's you.' Danny told himself. 'Doesn't stop it from cutting into your heart like Sam's kiss with Dash.' The tiny voice of doubt in his head argued. 'Wow, where did Sam come from?' The halfa shook himself to clear his head. "Daniel are you alright? What's on your mind?" Vlad asked knowing exactly how upset Danny was by his mother's comment. "I'm fine Mr. Master's, how about you?" It was a double edged sword, after all Vlad was half ghost too. The billionaire scowled. "I'm perfectly alright Daniel. Now let's see this invention. Have you followed my design?" The elder halfa questioned Jack and Maddie. "We have. I've gotta say Vladdie, it's brilliant." Jack bellowed. "I still think we should put a FM for Fenton and Masters." Vlad shook his head. "No, it doesn't need any of that Jack. Let's see it." "What is it?" Danny inquired, his breath caught in his throat. 'This is going to be bad.' "Daniel you'll find out in a minute. Why such the hurry little badger?" The elder halfa responded. "I'm not in a hurry." Danny defended. "Come down to the lab." Maddie gestured for all to follow. As Danny walked down his heartbeat raced. For some reason he was terrified to know what this new invention was. 'It can't be that bad, right?' The boy reasoned. Of course luck was not on his side. "Jack honey could you turn on the lights down here?" "Got it Sweetcheeks!!!" Jack yelled. As the lights came. Danny swore his heart stopped.The Ghost Gauntlets.

AN: There you have it! The ghost gauntlets

AN: There you have it! The ghost gauntlets. Poor Danny. He's probably freaking out! His reaction will be in the next chapter. Please comment to let me know what you think! I will try to update every other week, if not every week. Lot's going on with senior year and all. Ughhh. Procrastination anyone. As my favorite triangle/ dorito says, "Remember! Reality's an illusion, the universe is a hologram, buy gold! Byeeee!"