Fated to you ✏ | Jin

Angst | Fluff | Comedy

Text | Scenario | One-shot

Plot:

A/N: heyyy thanks for the request

A/N: heyyy thanks for the request. I changed up a little bit though. Instead of him acting cold towards you, you guys will still be friends. Sorry for the changes >< though there are still some parts where he acted cold towards her.

Your laughter filled the air as you slapped your thigh multiple times and threw your head back.

"Say it again!" You request, turning your body to face your best friend, Jin.

"Really Y/N? It wasn't even that funny," he chuckled, pushing his hair back, getting nervous at the way you were looking at him.

"It was!" You couldn't help but to start laughing again. Tears started to leave your eyes as you wiped them with shaky hands. "Okay, okay, I'm good." You giggled.

Jin and you was sitting on the pavement outside of your house. Jin had decided to accompany you since your boyfriend had basketball practice and would be back late. Therefore, you had asked Jin to accompany you.

"Good." He giggled. "So... how's school?"

You hummed. "It's okay I guess. Ever since Mingyu changed class, school got a little boring since he isn't there to accompany me and..."

Jin stopped listening right after he heard you say your boyfriend's name. Rolling his eyes, he faced front, blocking out your voice. It was obvious that Jin had liked you this whole time but didn't make a move for a long time. He was afraid of your response since he assumed you needed someone better. How long has Jin like you? Since you guys were friends. The both of you have become friends ever since in secondary school and now you both are in college.

Of course at that moment, Mingyu had ask you out and you agreed since he was tall, smart and good looking and you couldn't possibly say no to him.

"Hey- YAH! Are you listening?!"

Jin faced at you and stood up from his sitting position. "I'm going to go now. Bye Y/N"

Confused by his random attitude, you stared at his fading figure. It wasn't the first he acted like this. Whenever you spoke about your boyfriend he would simply change the topic or walk off, without any reason or consent.

You sighed heavily, entering your house. You wanted to talk to him about it but you were afraid if he would get mad. So you decided to just leave it alone.

~Months later~

"Babe, I'm home!" You hollered. Sadly, no one replied. Your face scrunched in confusion. "Babe?"

You ambled your way towards the living room, wondering why there was no response.

You choked on your saliva as you witnessed the situation. With wide eyes, your hands trembled and dropped the expensive handbag Mingyu had bought for you.

"M-mingyu..."

Upon hearing your voice, Mingyu pulled his lips away from the unknown girl and scrambled up once he saw you.

"Who is she-- no, I don't want to know," you shook your head, tears trailing down your cheeks. "We're done..."

"Y/N! Baby, come on! It's not what it looks like!" Exclaimed Mingyu, running towards you and grabbing your wrist. "I don't know who she is!"

"Really?" The unknown girl voiced out. "You don't know who I am?" She scoffed. "We were friends since younger, Mingyu. You told me you were single!"

Right after you heard those 6 words, you pushed Mingyu's grip away. "Thank you for the past 6 months but I guess we will stop seeing each other starting now." You said and scurried away.

You did not know where you were going but you ended up at your best friend's house. Upon seeing your crying yet freezing state, Jin let you in his house and made you his famous hot chocolate.

"Why were you crying?" Questioned Jin.

Memories from earlier started coming back and tears started to form in your eyes. "Mingyu cheated on me," you sobbed, clutching onto his t-shirt.

A mix feeling of anger, happiness and sadness washed through Jin. He was angry because Mingyu cheated on a wonderful woman. Happiness because you guys are not dating anymore. And sadness because he didn't like seeing you sad.

"Let it all out..." comforted Jin, rubbing his hand against your back, soothingly.

It took you about 30 minutes to actually stop crying but Jin did not mind. He cared about you.

You rubbed your eyes softly with balled hands. "I'm sorry for ruining your shirt," you pointed out to his wet pink t-shirt.

"It's okay." He smiled genuinely, but it soon faded into a worried look.

"What's the matter?" You asked, noticing his worried state.

"I've never liked him," he started. "Wanna know why?"

You've always wanted to know why. Why he always cut you off when you talked about your date with Mingyu. How he walked off whenever you bring him up. How he always decline to thirdwheel the both of you.

You nodded. "Because I like you,"

Your heart started thumping quickly. He liked you? Of course he did! It explained his weird attitude towards you and Mingyu.

"I... don't know what to say."

"You don't have to say anything," he said, more like whined. "Just... give me a chance? Please..."

"I don't know Jin..." you sighed. It was not because you disliked him, but you had just gotten out of a relationship that consisted of cheating and you weren't ready for another one.

"I promise I'll treat you right, Y/N." He begged. "I'll treat you like a princess. I'll treat you the way you're suppose to be treated. Give it a try. If you don't like me, then we can just stay as friends." He explained.

"I..."

"Please..."

"I'll give it a try. But promise you won't cheat on me?"

"Never," he grinned, pulling you into a hug.

NOT PROOF-READ