The Call

Intelligence Unit rolled up to a house they got a call on about gunshots heard and screaming. Sergeant Voight directed Lindsey and Halstead to take the back. They swiftly moved along the house to the rear and Voight signaled Atwater to breach. He opened the front door and went in, gun aiming. Halstead went in through the back. "Chicago PD!" Atwater shouted as he moved through the living room. Ruzek was behind him. Voight signalled Olinsky to take the stairs and followed him. "We got a body!" Halstead said. Atwater and Ruzek joined and saw a woman by the age of forty. Gunshot wound to the chest. Heart impacted by a bullet. Halstead touched her neck with two fingers then shook his head and rose back to his feet. Upstairs a man in a room said "She got away!" Olinsky entered the room and saw a man with his eyes bleeding and bridge of his nose. "I'm calling an ambo." Alvin said. Voight entered the room. "Who got away?" Hank asked. "Some bitch who came up behind me. She pierced my eyes and bit my nose! I swear she was trying to take it off!" He said. Hank looked at Alvin. Wondering what kind of a person attacks like that. And why. Ruzek walked upstairs just as Alvin put his phone back in his pocket. "Hey. We found a body downstairs. A woman. Lindsey found a shotgun outside on the ground." He informed him. "And we've got a man who was attacked." Alvin said. Ruzek looked into the room. "Geez." He said.

The team returned to their office and tried to piece together what happened. It seemed possibly the man was attacked and whoever the attacker was, left downstairs and shot the woman, then ran out the back door, ditching the shotgun and made a run for it. Jay's phone began to ring and he answered it right away. "But there was no sign of forced entry." Atwater stated. "So the attacker was either tricky by knocking first then aim the gun, and make their way in? That makes no sense. If that happened then the woman would've had to have been shot first. And that guy who was attacked wouldn't have been attacked. Especially since it was a female." Alvin said. "How do you know the attacker was a female?" Ruzek asked. "The victim said that a bitch attacked him. Usually a guy calls a woman that when he's mad at her." Alvin stated. Jay hung up his phone after speaking. "That was forensics. Two sets of prints were on the shotgun. First pair matching the guy in the hospital. The second pair has no match on the database. Not even of any resident in Chicago." He said. Voight looked confused. "Someone's not from here..." Ruzek said. "Lindsey, Halstead. Get information from that guy as to why his prints are on the gun. Something tells me he ain't tellin' the truth." He said. Erin and Jay took their coats and left the office.