The Victim Or The Suspect?

Detectives Halstead and Lindsey walked into Med. Doctor Choi lead them to the room the victim was in. "James Ackerly, Detectives Halstead and Lindsey. We're here to ask you questions." Jay told him. "Nevermind asking me questions. Just find the person responsible for taking my eyesight!" James said. "And for breaking my nose..." He added. "How did that happen?" Erin asked him. "I, heard footsteps behind me for like, a second. And then I was jumped and my eyes were getting pierced. All I remember was I started screaming and I fell to the floor. Then my nose hurt badly and it felt like, she was biting my face off." He said. "She?" Jay asked. Picking up on what he said. "Miranda was the woman downstairs. She was taking care of a younger woman from Canada. A Traveller I guess. I went upstairs to check on her because she was very quiet and I didn't see her in her room then I heard the footsteps and...I was attacked." He said. "What about the shotgun we found outside? It had your prints on it." Jay said. "She took my gun from the closet. Went downstairs and, shot Miranda. She must have fled, knowing the police would show up and, not being from here..." James answered. Jay looked to Erin. He expressed that it still doesn't add up.

"Where would she be now? Where could we find her?" Erin asked him. "I don't know. She's not from here so she wouldn't know the city all that well. She'd probably go back to the house after you all left." He said. Jay walked out of the room and called to the office. He told Hank what information they got. Hank ordered him and Lindsey to sit with the man until further instructions then ordered Atwater and Ruzek to go back to the house and see if this foreigner returned. They headed out. "So we brought in a psychopath from another place." Alvin said. "Sounds like it." Voight replied. Atwater and Ruzek returned to the house and quietly entered. Guns drawn, Ruzek signaled for Atwater to take the stairs. He'll scan downstairs. Atwater nodded and started to quietly head up. Ruzek moved along the empty living room then made it into the kitchen where a young woman quickly put her back against the fridge and looked terrified. "Hey! I found her!" Ruzek called out. "You're the Canadian woman we're looking for. Aren't you?" He asked her. She breathed in deep then huffed. "Yeah. I'm....I'm not from here. But please don't shoot me. I'm unarmed. And I, I like the police! Hey. Much respect. Lots. Loads. I'll come willingly. Just please put the gun away." She asked politely as Atwater walked over. "You will?" Ruzek asked. "Yes sir." She said politely. Adam and Kevin looked at each other, confused. Then back to her and holstered their guns. "For a psychotic killer you sure aren't acting like one." Adam said. "What?" She asked. Now confused. "Come on sweetheart. We're gonna take you to the station and get this thing sorted out." He said and gestured for her to go with them. "Okay." She said and gave a nod then walked towards them. "You're both handsome, by the way. Just think you should know." She said. "Oh! Thanks!" Kevin said as she walked through them. Adam gestured he kind of likes the woman. "Hey, what's your name sweetheart?" Adam asked her. "Sam. Sam Bennett." She said.