Chapter 1

"Our history is based on a legend in Paris. One of our ancestors was a great musketeer. His name was Aramis. One of the best musketeers in Paris, 17th century."

That what my grandfather always said. I was just like my grandpa; a 'history lover' as my father called us. I always loved to hear about our family history. It started at Paris and ended up here; Boston, Massachusetts. My birth place.

My mother died when I was a baby, when I was eight I lost my father to a plane crash and four years after, I lost my grandmother. Grandpa and I, we only had each other after that. But life was too cruel and I lost him as well, a week after I came to the age of 17.

It was just me now.

But I knew I had to stay strong and continue on, even if the pain of losing everyone hurt me so bad and there was no one else.

Always stay strong, sweetheart.

That was the last words my grandpa told me before he slipped away from me.

I blinked away the tears that were threatening to fall and wiped my eyes before sniffing slightly and then continue eating my dinner. I glanced around the kitchen, thinking again about the memories I had with my family.

I let out a sigh before looking back at my plate. I stared at it for a moment before shaking my head. I wasn't hungry anymore so I grabbed it and put it back to the fridge.

The house phone rang and I walked out of the kitchen to grab the phone. "Hello?"

"Hi, Camille. It's Allison."

I rolled my eyes as I clenched my jaw tightly when I heard the seller's voice. "What can I do for you?" I asked, trying to stay calm as much as possible. "I was wondering if I could come over with a younger couple that looking for a house," She informed. "We could come tomorrow --"

"No," I cut her off coldly. "Listen, just because I'm alone now, doesn't mean I'm selling my house. I told you that I'm not interested in it!"

"Honey, listen. You still underage. You can't live alone and I'm just trying to help you--"

"I said no," I said. "Camille, I--" She started. "That's the last time you calling, got it?" I cut her off and then hung up the phone. I groaned, dropping myself to the couch. "Bitch," I muttered. I licked my lips before glancing around the living room and then got up, walking to grab my jacket.

I opened the front door and walked out. I needed to get out for a little while from the house, take a walk. I looked up at the sun that started to slowly set down before continued on, shoving my hands into my jacket pockets.

I walked into a coffee shop to grab a drink before I continued on as the sun disappeared, replacing with the night sky surrounded by stars and full moon.

I looked around, noticing there wasn't so much people out at that time and continued to walk back home as I continued drink my coffee and one hand was in my pocket. I reached to my house as I suddenly felt cold breeze hitting me. I shivered slightly and walked into the house.

I placed my coffee on the table in the living room and moved to the door that lead to the backyard and opening it. I walked out and took a deep breath, letting the cold breeze hit me again. I shoved my hands into my jacket pockets, frowning. It wasn't supposed to be this cold tonight.

I brushed it off, looking around the yard before stopping at something shining in the grass. I frowned again before moving down the three stairs and walking toward it. I stared at the object for a moment as it glow before reaching down and took it in my hand. I hold it in front of me; it was a stone, it's color was a glowing purple. I stared at it in amazement, how did it get here? It looked so real and it felt like it.

I hold it up in front of the sky and the moon before the stone suddenly glow more, making me put my hand to my face, protecting my eyes from the light before everything turned black.